This was posted on one of the discussion boards, and is believed to be attributed to Richard Simmons.
PROJECT ME PASSPORT
1. I admit I love food and I am addicted to it.
2. My weight bothers me, and I know it’s not healthy.
3. I am overweight for the most part because I overeat and don’t exercise enough.
4. I have blamed many people and many things for my fat, but I must admit I am to blame. I hold the fork.
5. I forgive those who have made fun of me, judged me, or put me down because of my weight.
6. I forgive myself and forget about all the times I tried before.
7. Today I will make time for myself. I will eat healthy, and I will exercise.
8. I will not ignore, hide from, or avoid food. I will face food and not lean on it.
9. I realize food has no power and will never solve any of my problems – past, present, or future.
10.I will be patient with myself and will not become compulsive and obsessed with losing weight and exercising.
11. If I didn’t do great yesterday, I will try harder today.
12. I will take a daily inventory and be truthful with myself.
13. I know now there are no easy ways to do this. I know the only way to achieve my goal is through exercise, eating healthy, and staying motivated.
14. I will use my sense of humor today, for it heals loneliness, depression, insecurity, and boredom.
15. This time I am doing this for me.
16. I am a terrific person and I like myself right now, no matter what I weigh.
17. The next time I have a craving for anything I know is fattening or am tempted not to exercise, I will think about the new me, and I will be strong.
18. I will take a look in the mirror and say, “I’m going to have a great day.”
19. I have a very positive outlook about “My Life”.
20. I am doing it! I am going all the way!
21. I am worth it!