This is an interesting one. I won’t tag anyone, but feel free to do this one!
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Ran a 5K (multiple times)
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t really make any last year except to keep doing what I was doing. This year I have goals (see post below).
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Just the United States, although I think I visited the land of insanity a few times.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 5 – the day I turned the big four-oh.
June 18th – the day I lost 100 pounds.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Hitting 100 pounds lost was a huge milestone for me.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Trying to be green and installing an AirTap on our water heater. Huge mistake.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I think my size 8 pants!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My niece who trained and ran a 5K at age 9.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
George Bush and the Denver Broncos.
14. Where did most of your money go?
My flip house.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Excited about running (can you see a theme here?), starting training for a new career.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Nothing in particular. I don’t listen to ‘songs’ per se.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? The same? The same
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner by 30 pounds
c) richer or poorer? Poorer in money, richer in family.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading and bike riding.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Dealing with tenants.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
With my hubby again, as always.
22. What was your favorite TV show?
Property ladder, Good Eats.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don’t really hate, so can’t answer that.
24. What was the best book you read?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
Too many things to list.
27. What did you want and not get?
My goal weight.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
In theaters it was Batman, the movie that moved me most was The Devil Came on Horseback that I got from Netflix.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 40 (eeek!!). For the next weekend we went to Burlington and biked the trails, shopped and ate. It was fun.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting rid of my flip house.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
A year of discovery of regular size clothing and the joy of pulling clothes off the rack and knowing they would fit.
32. What kept you sane?
John and coffee.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The whole election.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Change happens because you make it happen, not because someone else does it for you. You can always find either a way or make an excuse, your choice.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“What a long, strange trip it’s been.”