Rest in Peace, Chloe.

Those of you who have followed my blog for a while know about my elderly cat. She has had problems for the past year and a half or so.
Today, she finally gave in. She declined rapidly since yesterday and was very weak. We were going to take her to be euthanized, but she didn’t seem in pain and I did not want to put her through the trauma of a car ride and going to a strange place, so we wanted to wait a bit. After lunch (so thankful I work at home), I put her in my lap and she just went peacefully about 15 minutes later. I was so grateful that it was peaceful and that I was with her.

I was very lucky to have her in my life for over 18 years; she brought us a lot of joy, laughter, love and purring. There is a huge hole right now in our lives.

This is a photo of her enjoying a sunspot and looking so peaceful.

Be Sociable, Share!

26 thoughts on “Rest in Peace, Chloe.

1. My 3 Month Challenge

It was so nice that you were there with her in her last. I’m sure she had a great life.
    She’s beautiful.

2. cutecynicalchubbygirl

What a pretty cat. I’m sorry for your loss, but it really seems like she had a great life. Hang in there.

3. Kelly

Oh no, I’m so sorry. There really aren’t any words to make the pain go away. It’s hard to lose a pet. It’s good that you were able to be with her and she went peacefully.

4. justjuliebean

She looks just like my first cat, Rhiannon, my very beautiful Russian Blue. She passed while I was out of town, I was devastated. It’s very painful to lose a pet, but inevitable. Glad you gave each other such enjoyment during your time together.

5. SeaShore

I’m sorry for the loss of your Chloe. I’m glad you were able to be there with her at the last, at home.

6. jo

She’s beautiful. I’m so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful way to go, though, in the lap of a loved one. Brought tears to my eyes.

hugs

7. A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare

How wonderful it is that you were able to be there with her 🙂 I am sorry for your loss, but think it is great that you were able to have such a long and full life with her.

8. Autumnseer

I just lost my 13 year old cat, Georgie, a couple of months ago. Oh how I loved her and I can sympathize with your loss.

9. Autumnseer

10. ptg

What a beautiful cat. I know you miss her – and who wouldn’t love such a wonderful pet?

Peace and good wishes coming your way.

11. HopeFool

Awww. How wonderful that you got to keep her company in her last minutes.

My condolences for your loss.