Had a great workout today. I was sweating buckets – so at least it felt like a great workout LOL!
30 minutes of jogging, then NROLW Stage 2:
- Barbell squat/push press: 1 x 10 22 pounds, 2 x 10 45 pounds (my balance is much better going up to my toes now)
- Step ups: 2 x 10 with 30 pound dumbbells
- Dumbbell 1 point rows: 2 x 10 with 25 pound dumbbells (balance getting better with these, too!)
- Static lunge with rear foot elevated: 2 x 10 25 pound dumbbells
- Pushups: 2 x 10
- Plank: 2 x 60 second holds
- Cable woodchop: 2 x 10 50 pounds.
This is the last week of stage 2! Then no lifting for at least a week before my tri. We went for a bike ride tonight, so there was another 13 miles of biking. Wasn’t really planning on that, but John wanted to ride and I love to bike 😀
The generous people at POM Wonderful sent me some bottles of their pomegranate juice to sample. Pomegranate juice has the highest amount of antioxidants of any kind of juice or wine. I should make John drink more because studies have shown it is good for the prostate.
I was thinking the juice would be more tart like cranberry, but it isn’t. It is not overly sweet and I actually think it is quite tasty! We tried it plain and I put a splash in some seltzer for a fun drink.
The highlight of today was making a pomegranate vinaigrette for a wonderful dinner salad! This is a super antioxidant salad!
- 1 ounce of POM Wonderful juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of light oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- several grinds of black pepper
Combine everything in a covered container and shake to blend. It took 2 minutes to do! I poured this over a mixture of salad greens, along with grilled chopped chicken (love that precooking!!). The dressing has a sweet flavor, and I thought blueberries would be awesome on the salad and they were! Plus a sprinkling of pine nuts. Welcome to Bistro de Lori!