Excited to be back to working out again! I decided to bike to the Y, which is around 7-8 miles or so from home. Since I didn’t have to swim, I just biked for the cardio as I was only going to use the weights at the Y.
Fueled up with a wheat english muffin with a bit of almond butter;
New Rules of Lifting for Women (NROLW) Stage 3:
- 1-arm dumbbell snatch 1 x 6 at 10, 1 x 6 at 12, 1 x 6 at 15#
- Dumbbell single-leg deadlift: 1 x 6 at 15, 2 x 6 at 20# (or is that 40?)
- Barbell bent-over row: 1 x 6 at 45, 1 x 6 at 50, 1 x 6 at 55
- Dumbbell single-arm overhead squat 3 x 6
- Dumbbell incline bench press: 1 x 6 at 20, 2 x 6 at 25#
- Planks: 90 second holds 3 times (dying on these!)
- Reverse woodchop: 3 x 6 at 50 pounds
- Bodyweight matrix (kicked my ass!!)
This was a really hard workout. The bodyweight matrix included 24 squats, 12 lunges on each side, 12 jumping lunges on each side, and 24 jump squats. Do 3 times. HARD!!! OMG. I actually am going to modify this, because I do not think plyometrics (jumping lunges, jump squats) are all that great to do, and I am very sensitive about what I do to my knees. I actually did the matrix later in the day because of the biking to and from the Y – cheater, but I wanted to make sure I got home!
Met John for bagels, which was on the way home. Multigrain with maple. It was soooo good after the workout.
Lunch today was something new. I have been in a very pumpkiny mood this week, so I mixed some pumpkin with vanilla oikos and stirred in Post Cranberry Almond cereal. Yum!
Worked hard today as I got a late start due to a lazy breakfast 😀
John made lattes (which he liquored up with a shot of creme de menthe!)
He even dusted it with cocoa powder, what a gourmet!
Plus a bar – I couldn’t help myself, I was hungry!
I won’t bore you with the dinner picture, as you have seen chicken,broccoli,and strawberries so many times already! Tasty, though.
Might do some running tomorrow, first time since Sunday.
Question: Do you often modify exercises to fit you?