Nice workout time this morning, even though I was up too early because I couldn’t sleep! Mostly cardio bunnies at the gym today and I was all by myself in the free weight area for almost all of my workout (yay!). Then someone came in and got on the Smith machine, but I don’t care about that. Mornings all the way for weights!
- Dumbbell cuban snatch: 3 x 6 15 pounds
- Dumbbell single-leg deadlift: 3 x 6 at 20
- Barbell bent-over row: 1 x 6 at 45, 1 x 6 at 55, 1 x 6 at 65
- Dumbbell single-arm overhead squat 3 x 6 (using 8# and 15#)
- Dumbbell incline bench press: 3 x 6 at 25#
- Planks: 90 second holds 3 times
- Reverse woodchop: 3 x 6 at 50 pounds
- Bodyweight matrix: 3 times
My variant of this is to do alternating lunges for the 3rd item and not jump with them, then to do the jump squats. I could only do 12 jump squats on each repetition, though! :O It took me about 3 minutes to get through each set. Gee…. I wonder what I will feel like tomorrow. Video of someone doing the matrix at the end of this post – This lady rocks!
Came home hungry! Protein pancakes with blueberries.
Here are my goals for this week:
- Stay within calories.
- No cereal snacking!!! I mean it!!
- 3 weight workouts (1 done)
- 2 running days
- 3 biking days
- Take time to congratulate myself at the end of each day for the positive things I accomplish.
Lunch was like a little tasting plate: Tuna mixed with 40 Spice Hummus, FSTG Sweet Potato chips (amazing!), more blueberries, baby carrots. This was fun and interactive.
I have managed to consume a whole pint of blueberries by myself since yesterday! John said I was going to need to get another job to support my fruit addiction 😛
Afternoon latte. I think our machine is on its last legs.
I had even more hummus for dinner. I cooked up some ground turkey and rolled it up in a wrap with the 40 spice hummus and spring mix. Yum!
I normally don’t have a bread-type carb at dinner, so this was something different.
Body weight matrix video – warning, lame music ahead!
And for kicks, here is someone who isn’t doing so well with the matrix – I will just put the link up because I don’t want to embarass him LOL (although he did post this on youtube). And truth be told, I am a lot more like him than the woman above!