It sure feels like summer around here now! Hot and humid. Didn’t sleep well because of that (even with AC). Dragged my butt out of bed and grabbed a snack before hitting the Y. Had a piece of Ezekiel bread with hazelnut butter. I kind of forgot this was in the freezer! Ooops.
NROLW Stage 3:
- Romanian deadlift with row: 1 x 6 at 45#, 1 x 6 at 60#, 1 x 6 at 65 #, 1 x6 at 75 #
- Single leg partial squats: 3 x 6
- Widegrip lat pulldown: 1 x 6 at 50#, 2 x 6 at 60 pounds
- Back extension: 2 x 6 at 85, 1 x 6 at 90 pounds
- YTWL: 3 x 6 with 8 pound DBs (really hard)
- Stability ball crunch: 3 x 6
- Reverse crunch: 3 x 6
- Lateral flexion: 3 x 6
- Prone cobra: 3 holds x 90 seconds
I have to say that I don’t really get the prone cobra. It doesn’t feel like it does anything except make my arms tired. Otherwise it is just laying on the floor LOL!
Came back to oat bran today! Wanted to mix it up a little bit. This bowl was made with a mashed banana, cinnamon, and chocolate PB2 cooked in. Num.
It’s hot, so I wanted a cool lunch:
- 1/2 cup cantaloupe
- 1 scoop vanilla pp
- 4 ounces 1% milk
- 3 ounces POM wonderful juice
- ice cubes
Tasty! Served with a bowl of baby carrots.
The ecchinacea is a plant I got from Wayside Gardens, and it is called Razzmatazz. I don’t know why I started calling it doppelganger, but I still do that. I think they developed this plant sterile, as none of the seeds sprout, which is really unusal for coneflowers. They are expensive and one of the reasons I took the plant with me from IL. It doesn’t seem to get big enough to divide, but I am hoping for that soon.
It was pretty cool to see the Adirondacks and Lake George featured on TV at the Y today. Lots of us just watched the tube during those segments – lazy butts! Video intro
John must have read my mind or something, because he didn’t read my earlier post about the pizza, but he started making the wheat crust and used the pasta sauce on it! I ran out and grabbed some basil from the porch before he put it in the oven. So delicious. John is awesome! 200 calorie slice. I was working while it cooked, so I didn’t do any broccoli to go with it. Just being lazy here.
Regarding my goals from last week, here is how I did:
- Stay within calories. Did really well here. Just on Friday with some extra.
- No cereal snacking!!! I mean it!! Success! Keeping the cereal out of reach did the trick!
- 3 weight workouts. Done.
- 2 running days. Did 3.
- 3 biking days. Did 2 outside and 1 on the recumbent.
- Take time to congratulate myself at the end of each day for the positive things I accomplish. Yes!
Goals this week:
- Stay protein bar free, which I did last week. Must break addiction.
- Do a 6-mile run.
- Control myself with cashews – they are back in the house. I released them from banishment 😀
- Possible 5K race this weekend.
- No cereal snacking again. Let’s see if I can make it 2 weeks!
- Take time to congratulate myself at the end of each day for the positive things I accomplish.