Monday, Monday. Although I have worked one day already 😀
I felt full when I got up this morning, so decided against eating prior to workout. Not too common for me, but I decided to listen to my body after putting too much food into it the last couple days.
Got to the Y and hardly anyone there. Guess everyone is on vacation.
NROLW Stage 3 (final week)
- Romanian deadlift with row: 1 x 6 at 45#, 1 x 6 at 60#, 1 x 6 at 70 #, 1 x6 at 75 #
- Single leg partial squats 3 x 6
- Widegrip lat pulldown: 1 x 6 at 50#, 1 x 6 at 55#, 1 x 6 at 60 pounds
- Back extension: 3 x 6 at 90 pounds
- YTWL: 3 x 6 at 8 pounds
- Stability ball crunch: 3 x 6
- Reverse crunch: 3 x 6
- Lateral flexion: 3 x 6
- Prone cobra: 3 holds x 90 seconds
I love the deadlift/row combo! I was a little nervous doing the single leg squats, as that is how I hurt my hammie last week, but no problem today. I don’t know what I did before to cause the problem. YTWL is so hard with the 8 pounds weights. I was doing a bit of quiet grunting LOL!
Came home and had some pumpkin oat bran topped with cranberry preserves:
Then came lunch after a slow work morning. Monday mornings are always slow as the clinic I transcribe for is in CA and I am in NY and it isn’t open on weekends. I made another tasting plate – also known as party leftovers!
Tuna with hummus, carrots, strawberries, pita points.
I really love to cook, but lately I have been all about super easy/throw together meals.
Dinner was one of those. I had some leftover brown rice, cooked chicken, broccoli that I stir fried with coconut oil and a mixture of a couple sauces from the fridge for an asian style sauce. Served with a side of black grapes. Another winner!
I did eat a few other things today (Amazing Grass bar, latte, crackers with nut butter), but wanted to get to the Beck Book rather than posting more food.
On day 33, the chapter is about eliminating emotional eating. Since I had been doing some stress eating, I am reading this chapter again. I think she makes a good point that it is okay to have the negative feelings. I think so often we want to bury them or at least be distracted from them (by using food).
Try these things next time you are feeling the need to emotionally eat:
- Be specific in the feeling by labeling it. “I am upset by x”.
- Do not give yourself the choice of eating when you are upset. The more you practice this and not give in, the easier it will get.
- Imagine the aftermath and how you will feel if you give in.
- Distract yourself in other ways like reading, taking a walk, calling a friend.
- Try relaxation techniques such as deep breathing.
- Make a list of all the reasons you want to be healthy and read it.
Dr. Beck points out that it will become easier to deal with the problem itself once you have calmed down the emotions you are experiencing because of it.
So, I am going to practice these if I feel the need to stress eat this week. And maybe even just do some of these things as practice. It can be very hard to just try them in the heat of the moment, right?
Question: What are your stress busting techniques?
Think I am doing the big run tomorrow – 7 miles (gulp!)