Monday morning! This was the last workout A for NROWL for stage 5. One more lifting workout this week.
- 1 arm dumbbell snatch: 4 x 4 at 25 pounds
- 1 legged dumbbell deadlift: 4 x 4 at 30 pounds
- Bent over barbell row: 4 x 4 at 75 pounds
- 1 arm overhead dumbbell squat: 4 x 4 at 15/30 pounds
- Incline dumbbell bench press: 4 x 4 at 25 pounds
- Planks: 3 x 2 minute holds
- Reverse wood chop: 4 x 4 at 50 pounds
- Leg matrix 3 times
Biked home. It’s only a shade under 2 miles, but after doing the leg matrix, that is a tough ride!
Had a delicious bowl of banana oats topped with peanut butter. I made the PB yesterday with some maple syrup. Yum!
Here is my first lifting video. (Excuse sweatiness, I did this at the end of today’s workout.) I wanted to showcase one of my favorite moves – the deadlift/row combo. You can start with the barbell on the floor if you want, I just have it on this rack for convenience. Important thing in this exercise is to not lock your knees and to flex from the hips, not your back when lowering the bar so that you don’t round your back. * Note, if the sound isn’t down, you may want to turn it down to block out the gym noise.
Hope you enjoyed!
I’ll be back later with an anniversary post 😀
Last challenge check-in for September will be on Wednesday, since that is the last day of the month. Just a couple days to go!