LIVESTRONG Day is the Lance Armstrong Foundation’s 1-day initiative to raise awareness of cancer issues on a global level and in communities across the country.
You can wear something yellow, cook/eat something yellow, participate in any events in your area, or get a health check.
Today was my day for a Pap test. 15 minutes can save your life! Don’t forget to schedule your mammograms and Pap tests as these 2 types of cancers have great survival rates when caught early.
Even though it is not an official bagel day, I wasn’t lifting, so asked John if he wanted to bike to breakfast. It’s the start of my weekend, so what the heck? We went on a chilly ride. 40 degrees! It really is getting close to the time we will hang up the bikes 🙁
This is downtown for some reason. Not sure what it is, but it’s cute!
And then there is that big straw bear… 😉
Had a wonderful warm mug of coffee when we got there
Plus bagel deliciousness!
Look – it’s like the parting of the Red Sea in food form!
The rest of the day has been snacky and not the best of eating. Sigh….
First check-in for Steve’s Hot 100 challenge!
My posted goals were as follows:
1. Duathlon in October. Signed up and ready to go!
2. Limit the number of eggnog lattes this year to 2 or 3. Not out yet, phew
3. Keep a redline of weight in mind to not go over during the holidays. Doing okay with that.
4. Complete the New Rules of Lifting for Women. Finished stage V
5. Enjoy time with family during the holidays. Spent some this week!
I am adding a few new ones as well:
6. Better organization of time to be productive.
7. Do some freelance writing.
8. Run at least 2 more official 5K races this year.
I am hoping the rain holds off for tomorrow. We are supposed to go and check out the course for my duathlon, as the road is supposed to be marked now.
Have a great night everyone!