Last strength workout before the duathlon! Stage 6 workout B:
- Reverse Lunge, one dumbell on shoulder: 3 x 8 at 20 pounds
- Dumbbell 2-point row: 3 x 8 at 25 pounds
- Dumbbell push press: 3 x 8 at 15 pounds
- Back extension: 2 x 8 at 100 pounds
- Incline reverse crunch: 2 x 8
Then a 30-minute walk on the treadmill. Quick and easy workout today. I was done in just under an hour!
This video is the Dumbbell 2-point row. It’s basically like a regular row, but the weight is held perpendicular to your side instead of parallel. I feel this more in the chest than with the weight parallel. You also pull the weight up more towards your abdomen, which helps keep your shoulder from hunching up. The other arm is placed behind the back. Because you do this with one arm and while standing (rather than with one knee on a bench), it also works on balance. Enjoy.