Happy Wednesday! And Happy Veterans Day. Thank you to all veterans and those currently serving our country!
Another New Rule workout this morning. Ate 1/2 a Zone bar, bundled up and biked to the gym as it was 39 degrees
What a routine this was, too:
- Barbell incline bench press: 2 sets of 8 at 55 pounds
- Seated lat row: 2 sets of 8 at 60 pounds
- Dumbbell squats with heel lifted: 4 sets of 15 with 20 pound dumbbells
- Overhead shoulder press: 4 sets of 20 with 10 pound dumbbells
- Step ups: 4 sets of 15 with 20 pound dumbbells
- Underhand grip lat pull down: 4 sets of 15 at 60 pounds
Dang these are hard! The last 4 exercises are done in a circuit with 30 second rests. For the dumbbell squats, I used 2 plates on the floor to put my heels on. John texted me and was not feeling well enough to bike, so he told me to meet him at the coffeehouse and he would drive. I hopped on the bike and hit the path. How things change in a few weeks:
Bagel and hot coffee to warm up!
This cafe showcases local artists, and there were some nice pictures by our table:
My back started bothering me again during the ride there, so I actually am glad John drove because I just put the bike in the car after breakfast and came home with him. It has something to do with the pushing motion on the pedal on my left side. I didn’t want it to feel as bad as it did on Monday, so I was smart for a change and took the ride home.
Another waffle creation for lunch (guess it is Waffle Wednesday!). I love my waffle sandwiches. Plus some homemade cashew butter and a local honeycrisp apple.
I can’t tell you how many times I am transcribing files about the H1N1 vaccine and how it isn’t available. Is it ever going to be around?? There is only 1 company in the US that makes the vaccine and they were unable to meet their promised production. Losers. I don’t want the H1N1 vaccine, but there are a lot of high risk people that need it.
Break time was a latte (not pictured) plus an Attune bar. Dark chocolate bliss…
Was feeling the pasta vibe for dinner. Cheese ravioli with a sprinkling of mozzarella. And more broccoli! Think I should have named this blog Finding Broccoli instead of Finding Radiance 😉
I’ve been doing really well on the snacking front. Or not snacking front, I should say. Keeping cereal out of the house has made a huge difference. It’s funny how just a small change like that and the scale starts to drift downwards.
1. Duathlon. DONE!!!
2. Limit the number of eggnog lattes this year to 2 or 3. Have not had any.
3. Keep a redline of weight in mind to not go over during the holidays. Under redline.
4. Complete the New Rules of Lifting for Women. Started stage 7 (Ow!!!)
5. Enjoy time with family during the holidays. Breakfast with my mom tomorrow
6. Better organization of time to be productive. Maybe a bit better?
7. Do some freelance writing. Pretty lame here this week.
8. Run at least 2 more official 5K races this year. 1 down, 1 to go
Talk to you all tomorrow!