Happy Winter solstice everyone! Today is the first official day of winter and the shortest day of the year. From now on, days get longer, although colder (well, it already has been pretty cold). The busy week wraps up with Christmas on Friday and then I will take some time for reflection on how I did on my goals for the year and what I plan for next year. How did you do?
There were great comments on the slim hope video I posted yesterday. Check them out and join in, if you want!
Up for some strength training today since I haven’t lifted since Wednesday!
- Chinups: 2
- Romanian barbell deadlift: 3 sets of 8 at 75 pounds
- Barbell bench press: 3 sets of 8 at 55 pounds
- Seated lat row: 3 sets of 8 at 55 pounds
- Reverse lunges with 1 dumbell on shoulder: 3 sets at 20 pounds
- Arnold press: 3 sets of 10 with 10 pound dumbbells
- Horizontal wood chop: 3 sets of 8 at 50 pounds.
I was slated for planks today, but I forgot my stopwatch, which makes it hard to know how long you have been holding the plank! 🙄 See what happens pre-coffee??? Then I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes.
Came home to protein pancakes!
I almost would have put some of the cream cheese between them that we brought home yesterday, but it wasn’t that much of a workout today LOL! John did that, though.
Lunch was more a waffle sammie! We found more lowfat nutrigrain, so it’s warm sammie time for lunch.
Um, yum. Lauging cow and 1 egg + 2 egg whites. Ultra-juicy clementine, too!
John brought me a special latte today. He wrote my name on the top in cursive with a little dulce de leche, although it got a little messy:
He’s so sweet! 😳 You all are probably tired of hearing me say that!
Leftovers for dinner tonight, the venison chili from yesterday. It’s chock full of tomatoes and peppers, so I declined my usual broccoli.
I have started to cookie making tonight. I did a WATP 2-mile walk while the cookies cooled and then frosted them. I allowed myself 1 cookie tonight (gotta taste test, right??). I did awesome on this batch with not nibbling on the dough or licking the frosting bowl! I really had to concentrate not to do that. Bowl licking and dough eating are almost second nature to me 😯 So this was a big victory. Don’t worry, I will eat enough of these on Christmas 😀
Tonight’s cookie was nutmeg logs!
I think these could be called eggnog cookies, too – they taste like it with rum extract and a ton of fresh nutmeg. One of my very favorite cookies! I have been making these for several years now.
Ornament of the day:
This one came out really well. I am getting the hang of this pattern now!
1. Duathlon. DONE!!! (Oct)
2. Limit the number of eggnog lattes this year to 2 or 3. I have had 2 so far. Doing good.
3. Keep a redline of weight in mind to not go over during the holidays. I am back below redline YES!!!!!!!.
4. Complete the New Rules of Lifting for Women. DONE!!!! (Nov)
5. Enjoy time with family during the holidays. Went to a concert with my mom last week. Hosting Christmas dinner.
6. Better organization of time to be productive. Not bad. I have been increasing my work productivity again (it happens in spurts as I get used to new doctors).
7. Do some freelance writing. Sort of. I have a guest post coming up on another blog.
8. Run at least 2 more official 5K races this year. DONE! Last race.
Overall doing well. I would have liked to have seen a lower scale number, as I am about 4 pounds heavier than a year ago, but I am lower than I was this summer during triathlon training! I need to focus this week on staying strong during cookie making