2009 was an interesting year. Here was my list of goals to complete that I did Jan 1 of this year:
1. Do a sprint distance triathlon. Specifics – the tri is picked out for this summer, and I have a 3-month workout plan to follow to do the training.
2. Run a 10K race. Specifics – I will continue with running my 5Ks with intervals and then will start adding longer runs once a week to build endurance.
3. Continue my eating plan. Specifics – I will work on my recipes and plan meals so that I make it as easy for myself as possible to stay on plan.
4. I will hit goal of 135 by doing all of the above.
5. I will donate blood 6 times again this year.
6. Work on my Spanish. I have CDs, I need to use them.
1. Did the triathlon!
2. 10 K race I did not do. I skipped over that and did a duathlon instead.
3. Eating plan I pretty much did all year. I struggled some during training with knowing how much to eat, but I learned a lot training for events.
4. Goal of 135? Nope. I have maintained a weight range, though.
5. Blood donations – I will get 5 in this year (the last donation will be Monday!)
6. The Spanish was a no go. Totally blew this one. I need to brush up as we are going to be in Mexico at the end of Jan.!
Other things (good and bad) that happened this year:
This was the year of fitness for me. I didn’t intend for it to be that way; it just happened! I would have loved to hit my goal weight, but in some ways the fitness accomplishments mean so much more because of the incredible challenge that some of them were. I can’t say that I am not disappointed with my weight. I learned a lot about training and eating during the last year, so hopefully I can improve on that next year.
Later this week will be the hopes and goals for 2010! I’ve got several musings posts this week (but don’t worry, there will be food pics 😀 )