Here it is, the last day of 2009. The year was full of ups and downs. Overall, I have to say that I hope 2010 goes more smoothly! I’ll post my goals for the new year on the first.
So I went to run this morning. It felt so much better than the other day. In fact, I went further than planned!
I slowly increased my pace by 1/1oth mile each minute until I was cruising at 5.5 mph. I stayed there until 2.5 miles. Then I increased by 1/10th each minute to get up to 6 mph, where I stayed until I finished mile 3.
Then came the challenge! I increased speed again 1/1oth of a mile each minute until I was at 6.5 mph and stayed there for 5 minutes or so. Super challenge was going up to 7 mph (8:34 pace), which I just bumped up to because I didn’t think I could do it incrementally. I stayed there for 3 minutes! Then I backed down to 6 mph again. That felt so good to get back to that pace and my heart rate came down enough that I decided to go for an extra mile! I ran 6 miles today I was a puddle when I finished, but a happy puddle.
I was roaring hungry when I got home. The pre run Balance bar only lasts so long! Made protein waffles and taking Susan’s tip, I set the machine on high and cooked them longer. They were a thing of beauty!
Topped with a banana mashed with a tablespoon of maple syrup and a sprinkle of granola. My tummy was the most happy of campers after this.
It’s been quiet on the work front today. Got some shoveling in since we got an inch of snow today. As if 6 miles of cardio weren’t enough 🙄
Had a hughjass BBQ chicken salad for lunch. Nom, nom.
John won the football pics again this week. I made real pity picks of the Raiders and Lions, so it serves me right. He chose Steve’s Place for dinner (where you can get breakfast all day!).
So that’s what I had!
Have I mentioned how much I love breakfast lately?? Eggbeaters and cheese on a toasted english muffin and home fries. It’s hard to mess up breakfast foods, and this was tasty! I also had 1/2 a cantaloupe on the side.
John wanted dessert, so we stopped at Starbies where I got a tall skim cappuccino with honey drizzle.
And had a bite of his cupcake:
It was fresh and good. 😀
Now it’s down time, movie time, and trying to stay up to midnight!
Last Hot 100 update: Overall review.
1. Duathlon. DONE!!! (Oct) I am so proud of this one.
2. Limit the number of eggnog lattes this year to 2 or 3. I had 2 at Starbucks this year. Did have a couple at home, but those are not as caloric as the cafe’s.
3. Keep a redline of weight in mind to not go over during the holidays. I popped 1 pound above redline after Christmas, but that will go away. I did pretty well maintaining this holiday season.
4. Complete the New Rules of Lifting for Women. DONE!!!! (Nov) Another achievement I am very proud of.
5. Enjoy time with family during the holidays. Love my family! I don’t know if I spent enough time with them, but I tried.
6. Better organization of time to be productive. I did so-so with this. Some days were better than others.
7. Do some freelance writing. Lame LOL
8. Run at least 2 more official 5K races this year. DONE! I seem to have no problem hitting my fitness goals.
Thank you to Steve for challenging us to end the year well!
If any of you want a new challenge for the New Year, Steve is hosting another one. Check it out here: Perfect 10
Have a happy and safe New Year’s Eve! See you on the flip side of the decade 😀