Good football games over the weekend, no? I am a little bummed because the Saints play the Cards, and I like both of those teams (the Cardinals have a lot of spots on my fantasy team). One of them has to go down….
It feels much warmer today – in the 20s! It’s a heat wave, break out the shorts 😀 There were more people at the gym today. People seem to really get out there early in the week and then peter out. I did a nice strength workout:
- Chin ups: 3 sets of 2
- Barbell split squat: 3 sets of 8 at 65 pounds
- Incline dumbbell chest press: 3 sets of 8 with 25# DBs
- Underhand grip lat pulldown: 3 sets of 8 at 60 pounds
- Lunges with short barbell: 3 sets of 8 with 35# bar (beats using dumbbells!)
- Bent over reverse fly.
Hopped on the treadmill and decided to tack a mile of running into my normal Monday walk. I am gradually increasing miles each week, which means I am going to run a little on other days – or else it means forever runs 3 days a week. On the cruise, I will be running every day on the boat, so I need to get used to that (3 weeks and counting…………)
I already had my mind made up for protein waffles and blueberries!
Oh waffle maker, why did we wait so long to purchase you??
Work went by fast today, yay! Lots of babies going home from the NICU it seemed like by all the files I did. Lunch break consisted of greek yogurt, canned pumpkin, cinnamon, protein powder, 1 tbsp cranberries, and some shredded wheat biscuits.
Normally this bowl would have strawberries, but until the freeze impact is over, don’t think there will be many on my blog….
Susan tagged me for Happy 101! I have to list 10 things that make me happy and then pick 10 other readers for the same 😀
These are not in any particular order.
1. Coffee – and lots of it! I love my morning coffee and my afternoon lattes!
2. I love snuggling in my electric blanket on cold nights. I just get like a cocoon and wriggle around because it feels so good.
3. My garden makes me happy. Looking at it and puttering around in it. Even seeing it in its winter state makes me happy because I know what is slumbering under the ground.
4. My bike. I know it looks like I am a runner, but riding my bike really and truly makes me the happiest.
5. John. His being in my life is pure happiness itself. Even after 13 years of marriage.
6. Music makes me happy. I have so many emotional ties to music since it was my career for a while. Listening to Strauss Alpine Symphony as I type and it’s just so moving…..
7. My thighs make me happy. They have done a lot for me over the years and now they are strong and powerful, and that makes me smile sometimes.
8. My pottery for eating. It’s silly, but it makes me happy to eat my oats out of my favorite bowl!
9. My readers! All of you and your comments and your blogs make me happy to read and share.
10. My size 8 pants. All of them. Knowing I wear size 8 makes me pretty darn happy.
I pass on to the following readers of my blog, picked from comments left over the weekend:
Anyone else may partake of the award and spread some radiance around
This post is getting long, so I will leave you with a shot of a purty bunch of broccoli that I got at the store yesterday:
I ate the whole thing with dinner 😀
Book giveaway coming up on Wednesday!