I conked out good last night! My thigh was pretty stiff and sore after the run, so I took a Tylenol PM last night and woke up about 8 hours later! That is pretty amazing to me. My legs are stiff today, so I will be taking an easy day today. It’s also rainy, which limits biking 😀
I was in the mood for some chocolate oats. Reese’s oats, really 😀
5 grams of cocoa powder with 1 mashed banana and some cinnamon cooked into the oats (plus 2 egg whites). Topped with nut butter.
Love the voluminous bowl created by the egg whites.
Work still busy today after a slow start. I am so looking forward to my 4-day birthday weekend coming up!
All-Bran for fiber, greek yogurt for protein, strawberries cause they’re just good, and buckwheat honey for sweetness. I also had a 1/2 of a protein drink.
So, here were my goals and the assessment for May:
- The return to running. Yep – it happened! Not 100%, but doing good. I realized that the atrophy in my left leg is not going to be a quick recovery. Just because it doesn’t hurt doesn’t mean it isn’t going to take a long time to get back to normal.
- Lose 3 pounds. Epic fail. I went the other way. Still just too much snacking and really not being in the losing frame of mind.
- Go to the dentist. Done!
- Really, really think about my current job. Have been. I’m not really in any hurry to make a jump, but I have explored some other options. (Bagel/donut shop LOL).
- Try to make the blog more interesting with recipes and lifting stuff (or anything else you want to see!). Done. Well, doing really. I started the lifting move of the week, and I posted some recipes. I also organized the great veggie experiment page a little better.
So, not too bad on the whole. Always room for improvement, though.
This bar was really m’eh. Would not buy again.
Plus the usual:
FYI, as I don’t think I have ever talked about the lattes. We use 1 cup of 1% milk (that’s what we drink) and a couple shots of espresso in this. The foaming makes it really seem like a lot of drink (again the volume eater in me loves this!). So this is around 110 calories or so, with maybe another 20 calories of honey on top.
- Enjoy my birthday (the 5th). I took a couple days off of work so I can do whatever I want this weekend! You only turn 42 once
- 70 mile bike ride. I know we can do this. It’s only 10 more than the last long ride.
- Read more books. I read voraciously when I do read. Need to make it happen more often by unplugging the computer.
- Run a race. I think we will do the Read/Run on June 13th, if my running continues to progress.
- Go sugar free for a few days during the month. Just to make myself aware.
- Note I am not making a weight loss goal this month. If it happens, it happens. No number pressure allowed.
Leftover pizza for dinner. Pretty tasty, though.
My brussel sprouts got kind of crispy because I got a phone call right during cooking. Note to self – remove pan from heat, don’t just turn off the burner.
Got most of the soap packed up and ready to go. I really should make extra for us, but I never get around to it.
Gonna unplug and relax tonight. This is the snack for later:
If you have never tried pears and cheese, you should. It is quite a tasty combo.
Question: What are your goals for June?