Full 8 hours of sleep last night! Guess I need to bike 40 miles in order for that to happen. Legs felt decent, so we went ahead and bike to Panera Bread. I forgot my jacket, and it was indeed very cold in there. Oh well, that meant hot coffee with my french toast bagel.
Paper reading and chatting commenced. Do you ever feel like your brain is all over the place sometimes? Mine is.
Biked home and settled in for a day’s work. Busy right from the start, too.
Lunch break and I wanted protein! Chicken curry salad.
This is a tasty salad. We went grocery shopping last night and are overrun with produce. Not a bad thing.
Not sure if it is a hold over from yesterday’s ride, but I have been kind of hungry today. I broke a little earlier than normal for a snack of iced coffee and some Lindt chocolate (touch of sea salt).
Good! I was hoping to make it to dinnertime, but my tummy was growling a couple hours later, so I had some blueberries.
Frustrating work afternoon. I was doing a 15 minute report (which takes about 3x as long to actually transcribe). It was an admit for a newborn and the doctor began switching back and forth between he/she for the baby during the report. There is no way to tell which sex a newborn is, as there is no name given (and that doesn’t always help). So, I had to send it through with a bunch of discrepancy marks. Funny how the doctors get irritated at the transcriptionsists like we are supposed to be mind readers. 🙄
I read an interesting article today on Tips for Mastering Long-term Weight loss. Evaluating how many of these I do:
- Learn to love exercise – done.
- Count calories the right way (quality, not quantity) – Mostly do.
- Fill up with fiber (whole grains, fruits, and veggies) – Done
- Control carbs – I do fairly well with this.
- Downsize your portions – Done
- Eat protein and take a multivitamin – Done and done.
- Eat dairy – Oh yes, do that for sure.
- Weigh yourself carefully. This actually was confusing, because it said to weigh carefully, but then to use the clothing test. – I am not weighing myself this month, although I would like to right now.
- Use a food diary – I use daily plate.
- Have a healthy attitude – I do fairly well at this, but could always improve.
Am I the only one that has trouble with using clothing as a weight barometer? I find I can wear the same pair of pants with a wide weight range.
I was so hungry for dinner, so I needed something stat. I had a ginger Altoid to keep from nibbling (this is working really well, btw).
Cheese omelet anyone? Yum! With some elderly brussels.
I need to work some more tonight. This is starting to get hard, I have to say. Why can’t I get paid (enough) to just blog my little heart out? 😉
Snack of some granola later, I believe, once I finish work.