I am officially beat. Not to mention my brain is like an egg scramble. I woke up super hungry. I had a Luna Bar as a pre-ride snack while I waited for John to get up.
I also did some work. It seems like I am always working. Oh wait, I am!
We headed out for the first bagel ride on the new bikes. Last week John had the flat tire and it rained on Sunday, so this was the first official bagel trip.
Wheat bagel enjoyed on the patio:
(My bike in the background within arm’s reach thankyouverymuch)
This actually seemed really small and I was somewhat unsatisfied, so we split a berry muffin.
Then it was home. 13 miles today. My chain was having some problems. Guess this is stuff that happens when you get a new bike and it breaks in, so to speak. Didn’t stop me from cursing the thief from Montreal. John said I couldn’t blame him for everything that went wrong, but I say “why not?” 😀
Settled in to work more. I am moving to part time with job #1 after I get some paperwork stuff out of the way. I have to cancel my benefits, and need to do that first before working less – as I don’t want all that money coming out of a smaller paycheck. I’ll be getting set up with new insurance in a few months through the chamber of commerce and our business. I went without insurance for years, so it doesn’t bother me all that much.
Lunch time! I was feeling PB and J, so that is what I had.
I actually went back for another slice of bread. I feel some snackiness coming on.
I was a bottomless pit today. Midweek really seems to do that to me. I have come to realize that it is okay. If you eat well 90% of the time, the other 10% isn’t the end of the world. I had some cereal and mini chips:
Then after I while I had some ice cream:
A quick visit from my sister and niece right near dinner time. Devon wanted to learn the foam roller:
She needs to work a little on upper body strength, but she has the flexibility! 😀
John grilled chicken and we had a quick dinner, but I didn’t cook any veggies. Sort of a mash up:
More work to be done and I was feeling the urge for more snackage. We walked down to the ice cream place (this is becoming a habit on Thursday) and I had a malt with the world’s biggest straw.
I was talking to John about the big difference now in having a day like this is that I don’t beat myself up or feel bad about it. I really think that allows me to just move on tomorrow without feeling guilty or have it send me into a multi-day spiral of eating. Maybe I am getting the hang of this thing.
I have to work more tonight….sigh….
Stay tuned tomorrow for a book review/giveaway and what’s blooming!