I was up early for a pre-heat bike ride today. With temps expected into the low 90s, I knew I had to get it in early. I had some toast and jam pre ride:
I zoomed along pretty fast. I was on the roadway for the first 6 miles, then I hit the path. Noticeable difference in the quiet. Lots of other bikers and joggers, too, which surprised me this early. It was getting hot already.
I stopped for a moment to take some pictures and have some coconut water.
Gotta stop and appreciate when you can, right? There was a headwind on the way home. It seems like I am always going into a headwind. What is up with that? Anyway, I did 22 miles today with some hills and it felt really good. Good thing I did hills because my charity ride is *Hilly*. Note the capital H. I will post a graphic of it tomorrow or Thursday.
Brekkie and I wanted to shake things up around Team Radiance today!
Protein pancakes topped with a dollop of vanilla greek yogurt, plus I couldn’t resist that drizzle of chocolate sauce (that was the bike ride talking 😀 )
The winner of Edward Ugel’s “I’m with Fatty” is
Just read Klondike Tales by Jack London
Congrats Nancy! Please contact me at javaqueen01 (at) yahoo.com with your address and I will send that out!
Lunch break was standard. So much for shaking things up 😀
So – here were my goals for August.
- Compile my recipes into a cookbook, which I am going to give to anyone who sponsors my Team Challenge ride. Done! This took longer than expected and I am still distributing the copies.
- Continue working on the no snacking while preparing meals. Doing pretty well with this. I still snack at other times, though.
- Again, no weight goal this month, just being mindful of what I am eating. I am going to weigh myself when I want to, though. Weight remained stable for the month – yay!
Things I learned in August:
– I don’t need to record my food each and every day anymore.
– Just because you lock up your stuf, that doesn’t mean someone won’t steal it.
– Working 2 jobs is not for me.
My goals for September are as follows:
- Team Challenge Ride on September 12.
- Concentrate even more on mindful eating.
- Do more brick training after the charity ride to get ready for the duathlon in October!
- Experiment more with not recording my food every day. Although, I pretty much can keep a running tally in my head of calories, so not sure if this is really ground breaking in any way.
Plus some sea salt Lindt.
I had to laugh at this. Do ever fear when moving furniture about what you might find behind the couch? We moved the couch away from the window for the new windows coming tomorrow. At first nothing appeared, then all of the sudden we saw this:
These are all of Pixie’s little rolled up balls of paper LOL! She just jammed them all under the couch.
Thank goodness there were no mousie bodies under there….
John cooked up some dinner tonight. Pork burgers!
I dearly love our local smokehouse. Good quality and good prices and local. The best of all worlds.
We shopped for my niece’s birthday tomorrow and had some success. So of course, we had to stop for some cafe – decaf…
And a snack size pb cookie.
Yum. I like how places are actually making things smaller sized. Do you find this happening as well?
I am off to catch up the google reader now!