Last night I put the flannel sheets on the bed. It was so hard this morning to wake up in the dark and think about going outside to go to the gym! But until I set up a squat rack at home, off I go.
It was very quiet at the gym this morning. Maybe a candy hangover from Halloween?
|Barbell Squat||1 set of 10 at 45#
1 set of 8 at 65#
1 set of 8 at 75#
1 set of 6 at 85#
1 set of 5 at 90# <—- yippee!
|Dumbbell Pullover||3 sets of 10 at 25#||Back|
|Barbell Bench Press||1 set of 12 at 45#
2 sets of 8 at 55#
|Reverse Crunches||3 sets of 15||Core|
|Calf Raise||3 sets of 10 at 140#||Calves|
|Lower Back Extension||3 sets of 10 at 100#||Low back|
|Lying Triceps extension||3 sets of 12 with 12# DBs (24# total)||Triceps|
|Single leg Deadlifts||3 sets of 10 each leg with 20# DBs (40# total)||Hammies and balance|
|Upright Row||3 sets of 10 at 30#||Shoulders|
I tried doing some incline chest work, but that caused shoulder pain, as do full push ups and holding a plank. Grrrrr….. Getting better, but still annoying. I am pleased about adding weight to the squat, though. 100# by year’s end – pinky swear.
Did you look around to see if you were on Finding Radiance? LOL. Yes – I had eggs for breakfast! This omelet had a laughing cow wedge and a crumbled morningstar sausage patty in there. It was quite tasty. Today is a no-added sugar day for me and I felt like something different.
Here were my goals for October:
- One no-added sugar day a week. Done!
- Get the scale back below red line as it crept up in Sept. Not done.
- Hopefully do the duathlon with a goal to beat 1:55. We ended up doing the home duathlon, but completed nonetheless.
- Work on the side garden bed. Done!
- Run the goblin gallop 5K . Done!
- Post a photo of something pink each day to raise awareness of breast cancer. I missed just one day. Hopefully a lot of you clicked and helped provide free mammograms to those that needed. Thanks!
So, overall a good month. I did not lose weight during October. That was just a matter of too much snacking. So, that will be first and foremost on November’s agenda. I’ll get to those goals in a bit.
Here is the garden bed.
I just did a 10-foot strip. That’s our neighbor’s driveway. Hope they don’t drive into my new bed… It will take a few years to do the whole side of the house. I will be dreaming up lots of stuff over the winter time for this fresh patch of soil! 😀
Slow work morning. Somebody at job #2 fell asleep at the switch and didn’t batch files until the afternoon. So, I did get some chores done.
Lunch time was some vegetarian chili I made last night from this recipe:
So, here are the goals I have for November (some of these coincide with the Hot 100 challenge, which I am also still doing).
- Lose weight this month. My pants are feeling tight. I am not putting a number on how much to lose, just some. I don’t want to focus too much on a specific number. I will do this by reducing snacking and trying to match my caloric needs with my meals and exercise.
- Do a turkey trot on Thanksgiving. I doubt I will do the organized one, but I want to run at least 4 miles on Thanksgiving day. Maybe also just increase my mileage a bit this month as biking is winding down (at least until my trainer arrives).
- Organize my bedroom closet (scary!). I’ll even post a picture before and after.
- No eggnog until Thanksgiving (latte or otherwise). Those that know me know how dearly I love the nog. It’s on the scale of candy corn love.
Speaking of lattes: Latte time!
I just sprinkled cinnamon on top. I don’t miss sweetness in this drink because I don’t drink sweetened lattes. I just may put a little honey or chocolate drizzle on the foam, but not the drink itself. BTW – we purchase cinnamon in a 1 pound bag 😳
It was hard not wanting to snack before dinner, and I did have a couple Triscuits, but at least it wasn’t a bunch spread with Nutella! I heated up some chicken (with hot sauce) and added one of the macintosh apples we picked up on Saturday.
Oh my gosh was this a good apple! Sometimes those humongous apples don’t have the concentration of flavor that smaller ones do, and really fruit in general, I think. More cinnamon sprinkled on this apple and it was soooo tasty! You would think that I would eat apples more considering Johnny Appleseed is in my lineage, wouldn’t you? I need to figure out where the pears and berries come in.
Tonight’s snack will be Halloween leftovers (with some cashews). This is what we got:
I am very okay with having pretzels in the house. If they were Reeses PB cups, that would be a whole ‘nuther story!
Tuesday’s recipe of the day will be Almond Joy Oats, so hope you check in for it 😀
Question: Do you have lots of Halloween leftovers?