Woke up to a very cold morning in the teens. I decided to head to the gym to run. I ran outside in Colorado because I had to, but I don’t generally want to run outside below freezing. Thank you to the gym! I snarfed a Balance bar and headed out.
I put on Hot Club of Detroit and banged out 4 miles. Running really does feel good again! That fills me with joy. It only took about 7 months for that to happen 😀
I was hungry and couldn’t wait to make protein waffles. I haven’t had those in over a week. Raise your hands in the air for blueberries!
Raise the hands also for a bit of honey fluff on top.
I’ve been thinking about the past year, and I will be doing a post on all the great (and not so great) things that happened, but I also wanted to touch on things I learned in 2010.
1. New Orleans knows how to get ready for the Super Bowl!
2. Injuries that keep you from exercising suck, but those that keep you from doing anything at all *really* suck.
Having said injury, I also learned that I won’t gain back all my weight overnight just because I can’t exercise. (Guess that is 2.5)
3. I will always and forever want to have a garden:
4. I can achieve more than I thought was possible:
5. Baking bread from scratch is fun and tasty!
6. While lean is good, there is nothing wrong with a few curves:
7. Custard oats are the bomb!:
8. Unconditional love rocks (especially when you are tired):
9. Just because you lock something up, doesn’t mean it won’t get stolen.
10. Growing older doesn’t mean we have to grow up.
Had a few different hairstyles this year as well LOL!
What one lesson did you learn this year?