Hooray for Friday! Had a lot to do today, that is for sure. I started with my workout this morning. The furnace was out at the gym and it was very cold in there! It was probably 55 degrees. I don’t mind it being a little cooler because I get sweaty, but my nose was running!
|Barbell Dead Lifts||3 set of 10 at 70#||Lower body|
|Underhand Lat Pulldown||3 sets of 10 at 60#||Back|
|Calf Raise||3 sets of 10 at 140#||Calves|
|Plank||3 sets 1-minute holds||Core|
|Pushups||3 sets of 10||Chest|
|Face Pulls||3 sets of 12 at 30#||Shoulders|
|Triceps Pull down||3 sets of 15 at 30#||Shoulders|
|Single leg deadlifts||3 sets of 10 each leg with 15# DBs (30# total)||Hammies and balance|
|Low Back Extension||3 sets of 10 at 100#||Low back|
My legs are still a little sore from the squats the other day. Working up to the 100 pounds really fries them. I was so ready for a hot breakfast after this! I had a coupon and tried a new breakfast cereal – Wheatena. Ever had it?
I did it banana custard style, topped with PB and some nog honey.
It was good. Kind of tasted like a cross between oat bran and cream of wheat with more of a nutty taste. Very filling, too.
This week’s Hot 100 Update. I can’t believe there are only a couple weeks left in 2010!
- Maintain my weight. I am up 1 pound after the Colorado visit today, but down from when I first got back. Must concentrate this week…
- No eggnog lattes until Thanksgiving day! This goal is done.
- Do the duathlon and at least 1 more 5K race before the end of the year. This goal is also done for the year.
- Do stretching exercises 4 days a week at least. Did 5 days.
- Visit one new blog each week that is participating in the Hot 100 Challenge and cheer them on. I need to catch up on blog reading after my trip.
- Do one no-added sugar day each week. Fail. I was supposed to do it yesterday, but at a Balance bar right when I got up.
An okay week. Will do better the week prior to Xmas.
I did some work and ate a bit of an early lunch because I had shopping/errands to run. It’s the return of the BBQ chicken salad! I didn’t have feta, so I had some sharp cheddar on it.
Loaded that up with 4 oz of chicken, too, cause of the lifting
I hit the library and finally found this book:
We shall see if it holds my interest.
I had texted John on my way home so that he would have lattes ready when I got back. Don’t you love how I order him around??
Paired with a Luna Bar. I really like the toasted nuts and cranberry one.
Little more work and I almost forgot about dinner! John hadn’t started cooking anything and I didn’t note the time. I wasn’t starving either. Maybe the Wheatena?
Hot sauce making its appearance today 😀
Today has gone by really fast, I have to say. I will have a wee bit of chocolate for a snack while working. I have about an hour of work left, then tomorrow is off!
Need to find something holiday to do – and have John take me out for my football meal. Yes – after 5 weeks, I finally won the picks!
Question: Have you read Women, Food, and God?