I have decided that I am not calling them resolutions or even goals this year. They are just things to do and work for. A task list, if you will. I think I like that idea.
– We are going to do another 100 mile bike ride this year. I also would like to log 2000 miles on the bike. I almost did that last year, and provided I stay injury free, I should make this.
– Maybe do a half marathon. Why I cannot seem to commit to this definitely is beyond me, and that could be a good reason to go for it as it is obviously very much outside my comfort zone.
– I hope to do a different duathlon in May (5 K run, 20 mile (33K) ride, 5K run). That will be a real challenge since it is so early in the season.
– Definitely a few 5K races.
– Keep stretching. The stretching that I did for the Hot 100 challenge really noticeably helped me in general. I think that had a lot to do with how much more comfortable running became again.
Food and Weight:
– I don’t want to say I want to lose some weight. That is so lame to do on January 1st. However, the scale did pop up a little towards the end of the year and while it is starting to go back down, I really would like to get it to go down further. I am not shooting for a specific number, but I do have a pair of pants I would like to have less tight. 😀
– I hope to do more cooking and food recipes on the blog.
– I am going to work on my classical guitar this year.
I really hope to practice 3 times a week and keep at it. I tend to go in cycles with this. In fact, to do this, I will commit to putting a video of myself on the blog playing something at the end of the year. 😯 It may be Mary Had a Little Lamb, but I will do it… gulp…
– Learn to do more than just basic plumbing so that we can install a water softener ourselves (after I save up for it), and possibly install a half bath in our laundry room.
– Tinker with the blog a bit.
– Earn more money. That will either by a new job in a different field, or with a different company doing what I do now.
– Just try to be a better person in general.
So, nothing really earth shattering. No huge changes. Funny how a lot of things that happened to me in 2010 were not planned, so I am curious as to what happens this year!
Here’s is to a fantastic 2011 for everyone!