Wow. The last day of March! This month sure did go by fast. A lot of stuff happened this month, that is for sure. But let’s start with breakfast, shall we?
I decided to eat before exercise this morning because I just wasn’t feeling it. So, I put on the coffee and made up protein waffles (the oatmeal version).
I am totally addicted to this combo of the blueberry sauce and coconut butter. I think I could just eat that as dessert all by itself.
I had to laugh this morning at John. He was reading my blog post from yesterday and said I was very sneaky with the camera because he hadn’t noticed me taking a self-portrait. I am not sure if it is because he is really oblivious to my picture taking or just to me in general Good thing I love him.
Work had a server issue for a little while this morning, so I decided to take advantage and ride the trainer. Funny how I was not wanting to exercise when I got up and not all that thrilled with the prospect, but once I got on – I ended up going for 12 miles instead of the planned 8. I was feeling really good! Maybe is was my carb fest from yesterday or just a full night of sleep for a change.
Lunch time – I made a quick bowl of plain greek yogurt with berries, 1 tsp of honey, and 2 tbsp of flax seeds. this is a yummy combo.
Now that I have lunch out of the way, it is time for the monthly assessment.
Goals and how I did:
1. Start ramping up the bike riding on the trainer in preparation for outdoor rides (with cupcakes!). This means longer ride times. I bet we will even get in a long outdoor ride this month! Epic fail on an outdoor ride! Stupid nature. I did bike 150 total miles on the trainer in March, which is 33 more total miles than February.
2. Keep working with some sugar/grain free days. Really liking eating the fat. I am not focusing on any weight loss this month. I will be increasing carbs to keep up with the increase in biking miles. I ate more this month and maintained my weight. I struggled with nighttime snacking the last few days, though. I also did a fair number of wheat and grain-free days. I think my stomach likes the no-wheat days. I need to reflect more on this.
3. Start soap production again, I think. Need to sit down and really decide if I want to do a website and all that again. Not going to happen. I decided I didn’t want something that would just be a hobby business as I already am pretty busy doing things I want to do, let alone something I would need to do if I had more customers.
4. Keep trying new recipes. I have been having fun with this. Yep. This month I made Coconut Flour Bread, Coconut flour pizza crust, a King cake for Mardi Gras, coconut flour waffles (haha, you can see my new obsession), sweet potato shepherd’s pie
5. Work on our new 1/2 bath addition! We are making progress on this and I am excited to get past the initial construction and get into the nitty gritty. We are rocking and rolling on this project! Plumbing and electrical inspection passed and we are now starting drywall. I’ll have some nice progress pictures on Sunday!
Not bad overall. The 2 other big things this month were the semi-impulse purchase of the baby grand and my job situation. Funny how if you look at the month overall, it just looks like I got a raise. But the start of the month had me hired to start training with a new company. Then being torn between 2 options, going to work in an office for a few days, and then finally ending up staying with the current job full time with a raise. It felt very tumultuous.
Whew. I need some coffee and some pumpkin/nut/cream snackage.
I finished up my day right on time, even with the delay in work this morning. Yep, it’s a good life. For dinner, I made up a salad topped with some cooked cube steak, feta cheese, a drizzle of greek dressing, and some toasted pepitas.
This was very tasty.
Looks like we may actually miss the brunt of the Nor’easter coming. At first they were predicting 6 to 10 inches, but now it looks like much less. I hope! I am so done with snow. However, there is a glimmer of hope.
My tulips are coming up! Along with a cigarette butt. Thanks a lot to that litterbug. 🙄
The ice cream shop down the street opened their doors window today and even though it is chilly, we celebrated with the first cone of the year!
I got a kiddie cone with eyes, even if they are a little crooked.
Peanut butter flavor. We walked home and ate these because it was pretty brisk at about 45 degrees!
I will leave you a link to read a great article about perfect health. I am really thinking about this to get my April goals listed for tomorrow and finding out what my weakest link is.
Question: How was your March?