April Fool’s! Nature gave us an April Fool today. I woke up expecting a lot of snow, but it had just started, so I drank some protein and then went to the gym. Apparently others had the same idea because it was quite crowded (for my gym) today!
|Cable Squat to Row||3 sets of 12 at 50#||Full Body|
|Close Grip Lat Pull Down||3 sets of 15 at 40#||Back|
|Decline Sit ups||3 sets of 10||Core|
|Pushups||3 sets 10||Chest|
|Seated calf raise||3 sets of 12 at 140#||Calves|
|Lower Back Extension||3 sets of 15 at 80#||Low back|
|Pliet Squat||3 sets of 12 with 35# DB||Lower Body|
|Front Raise||3 sets of 10 with 8# DBs, (16# total)||Shoulders|
Now on to breakfast! Friday is my grain breakfast day now. I soaked some steel cut oats last night and cooked them with cinnamon, pumpkin, and egg whites.
Topped with the ever-present coconut butter. One of these days I am just going to sit there with the jar and spoon and have at it.
Lunch time! I made tuna salad and used some protein waffles as bread. This works out nicely, I have to say.
Kind of looks like a big jack-o-lantern face.
On to the goals for the month! Yesterday recapped March. These are the things I am going to concentrate on for April.
1. I am going to shoot for some weight loss. I see a lot of people either recommitting or taking that final push and it sort of has rubbed off on me to want to go a bit further. I actually am just doing this through food and exercise and I am not going to weigh myself. I just want to see where my body goes by feel. It may not go anywhere, who knows.
2. I am going to reduce as much wheat in my diet as possible (or as much as I am willing to). I think I might have some sensitivity to gluten or grains, which seemed to become more apparent to me when I would do the grain-free days I have been doing. I am going to eat 8 bagels this month (Wed and Sun), but see if I can go wheat free on all other days. Except for cupcakes
3. I am really going out of my box this month with this one. In looking at my weakest links for a healthy life, my weak links are sleep and meditation. I want to try a bit of meditation this month. I am only going to shoot for a couple days a week just to try it out. I have not been too successful in the past with this.
4. I am going to work my way through recipes from Nourishing Traditions book by Sally Fallon. Obviously not all of them, because it is just a month LOL!
5. More biking. And dammit – outside this month! I did 150 miles in March, so I will be increasing that amount. As soon as overnight lows are above freezing, it’s on!
6. Okay – one more. I am going to clean up the blog some. Especially the recipe section and I will put a page up with links to all my lifting videos, and maybe a little store page with AF links in them (gotta pay for hosting and all that).
We shall see what comes of these goals. All that talk of goals made me want a snack! 2% milk latte with some chocolate crisps.
I am making this box last forever, although there are only 3 crisps left.
Pixie is ready for her piano debut as well.
She likes the piano when the lid is closed (and John isn’t playing it). I think it is because it is high up and she can be queen and survey us peons.
Work done for the week and dinner time! I can really work any days I want, but there is not always much work on weekends, so it is easier just to plan on M-F. I still have that odd feeling of thinking of Fridays only being half days, but they really haven’t been in quite some time.
I cooked up a little chicken with laughing cow and a new bottle of hot sauce opened!
I marked the last bottle and I opened it November 30th, so it took me 4 months to go through a big bottle. John doesn’t use hot sauce. Not that I am calling him a wimp or anything…
Snack time will be the pumpkin/cream/nut mixture tonight.
I’m getting in a rut! It’s a tasty rut, though. Lots of work on the half bath/laundry room this weekend. I’ll be back with progress pictures on Sunday!
Have a super weekend!