First off, just a note to say that maybe a new era of peace could come. We can always hope, right?
I woke up this morning and biked to the gym. After a week off, it felt quite nice to go there and I was very refreshed.
|Stiff Legged Deadlift||3 sets of 12 at 55#||Lower body|
|Face Pull||3 sets of 12 at 30#||Shoulders|
|Dumbbell Pull Over||3 sets of 10 with 20# DB||Back|
|Barbell Bench Press||3 sets of 1 at 55#||Chest|
|Seated Calf raise||3 sets of 12 at 140#||Calves|
|Rope Crunch||3 sets of 15 at 30#||Core|
|Alternating Forward Lunges||3 sets of 10 with 15# DBs (30# total)||Lower Body|
|Lower Back Extension||3 sets of 12 at 80#||Low Back|
|Nosebreakers||3 sets of 10 with 25# bar||Triceps|
Then I headed home for breakfast! Protein pancakes today just for a different shape.
Gosh I love this breakfast. No matter if it is in waffle form or pancake form.
Okay, because of the weekend, I am going to do a mash up of the wrap up and new goals for April and May.
April Goals and how they went:
1. I am going to shoot for some weight loss. I have to say I do not know how I did as I have not weighed myself all month. My pants fit the same, so unlikely that I lost anything. I am not sure when I will step on the scale again.
2. I am going to reduce as much wheat in my diet as possible. This was really hard to do. Good thing I do not have celiac. Sometimes I just forgot, and other times I found wheat in things after the fact. I really did learn that eating wheat does cause cravings for me.
3. I want to try a bit of meditation this month. Fail!! I did not enjoy this at all, so I stopped. I find that just having quiet time reading or weeding in my garden much more pleasing than trying to meditate. And you know what? I am totally okay with that.
4. I am going to work my way through recipes from Nourishing Traditions book by Sally Fallon. I did the soaked grains, crispy nuts, and I have made a sourdough starter.
5. More biking. Yeah baby! 263 cycling miles for the month of April! Increased from 150 in March.
6. I am going to clean up the blog some. Kind of lame. I worked on the recipes a bit, but we just have had a lot going on and I wasn’t able to sit down and do much with it.
So, kind of middling on the goals last month with the exception of biking. Goals for may coming up after lunch. Which was cheesy scrambled eggs and broccoli!
Classically simple. You are going to be seeing a lot of eggs this week, btw. (See below).
Now time for my goals for May:
1. Weight loss/fat loss. Continue with paying a lot of attention to what I am eating and see if I can get my pants looser, whether by pounds or body composition. Again, I don’t know when I will step on the scale again.
2. Go vegetarian for 1 week! In fact, it started today. You all know how I love my protein. This will be a real challenge as I don’t eat tofu or veggie burgers or beans. You will be seeing a lot of eggs, that’s for sure
3. Finish our half bath/pantry. No matter whether it’s finished or not, it will be done by the end of May LOL! We are very close now. Just need the doors, to install the sink, window trim, and to caulk the tile. I think I will wait to show anymore pictures until it is just finished. It is making me very happy right now, though.
4. Scrub down the house. With the remodel, everything else has gone down the tubes as far as clutter and cleanliness. There really is not an excuse for that other than just being a little lazy.
5. Do another round of 28-day Body Shapeover. I need to get the book out again to do so.
6. Bring back some no-added sugar days once or twice a week. These are just good for me to do to keep focused.
So, hopefully May’s goals will be a little more fruitful than April’s! 😉
Busted out all my work by dinner time plus a little extra, which was nice. Gotta start socking away money for Disney trip in January.
For dinner I made a recreation of a lentil/rice/caramelized onion dish the easy way. Yesterday I had caramelized some onions to have on hand to add to dishes this week. I also had a can of lentils. Normally I cook dry lentils, but the cans were on sale. Into a saute pan went 1/2 cup cooked brown rice, 1/4 cup lentils, and some caramelized onions. 5 minute dinner:
This was really good, too. You might be seeing this again during vegetarian week.
Doing some work on the reno tonight and having a pumpkin snack. Turns out not only is today veggie day #1, but also a no-added sugar day!
Question: How was your April?