Can you believe May is over already? We also seemed to have leaped right into July with this weather! Since I had no bike tube, I had to drive to the gym this morning. The bike stores were closed yesterday and places like Target don’t sell the type of tire I need (presta valve).
|Barbell squats||3 sets of 10 at 65#||Lower Body|
|Straight Arm Lat Pull down||3 set of 10 at 50#||Back|
|Horizontal Wood Chop||3 sets of 12 (each side) at 20#||Core|
|Calf Raise||3 sets of 12 at 110#||Calves|
|Low Back Extension||3 sets of 12 at 80#||Low Back|
|Barbell Bench Press||3 sets of 8 at 55#||Chest|
|Nose Breakers||3 sets of 12 with 20# bar||Triceps|
|Good Mornings||3 sets of 10 at 55#||Hammies and low back|
|Biceps Curl||3 sets of 10 with 25# EZ Curl bar||Biceps|
|Bent Lateral Raise||3 sets of 10 with 12# DBs (24# total)||Shoulders|
Nice workout today. I am seriously thinking of bringing the workouts home. I looked at some stuff at Dick’s yesterday to price that versus being in the gym. Then it was to home. Already warm out, too!
Breakfast was 30 grams of oats cooked with a small banana.
Topped with peanut flour, which I got a little too liquidy. Ooops.
I thought today would be slow the day after a holiday, but it was busy right out of the gate. Yay! That meant I wouldn’t work at night and could sneak in a yogurt ride (provided I got a replacement tire).
So, as per tradition around here, here is a roundup of my May goals and how I did:
1. Weight loss/fat loss. I gained a couple pounds. Not good. That was after 2 months of not using a scale. I will be weighing myself more often now. Not every day, but more often. I think I still need that tool, which is okay.
2. Go vegetarian for 1 week! Success! I made it through the week pretty easily. Much easier than going wheat free. I made some yummy dishes like cheese souffle, too. Not interested in being a full-time veggie, though.
3. Finish our half bath/pantry. Yay! Done and we are happily using it now. We need to have a renovation party now.
4. Scrub down the house. Been cleaning the house, particularly in the last week. Feels so much better and no more renovation dust on everything. I even scrubbed the kitchen floor on my hands and knees which I don’t think I have done since we moved here 4+ years ago. It looks like new.
5. Do another round of 28-day Body Shapeover. I have the book out, but I have not started it yet. I realized with dropping down to 2 days a week and all the biking that I can’t do the program officially. Not sure what to do here.
6. Bring back some no-added sugar days once or twice a week. I did these periodically, although I could have done more.
Decent month, although I will say the weight thing bothers me. Using pants for me doesn’t quite work. I think I have a wide span of weight before I actually notice it in my clothing. Guess what is going to be on June’s list of goals tomorrow?
Hot weather means cool lunch today. I used up some of the BBQ chicken from last night for my usual salad meal.
This chicken was sooo good! We got thighs and I do love the dark meat. It just has so much more flavor.
While I was working, John biked to the bike store and picked up new tubes and spares for us. Hooray! While he was gone, I had an iced latte:
Plus half of a new Zone bar flavor.
Cashew pretzel flavor. I got a free sample bar in the mail. It is quite tasty. I don’t eat the bars as much as I used to, but John is pretty much an addict still. 😀
Dinner time included some wonderful blueberries! Plus shrimp and broccoli sauteed in coconut oil.
I seriously wonder if I could do an all fruit diet for a few days. It would be so refreshing in the hot weather!
I was all excited because my tube was replaced on my bike and that meant a yogurt ride! Got the tube in and pumped up the tire. All looked great! I went out before John because I wanted to get some extra miles in and meet him for yogurt. He gave me a half hour start.
I was so happy to be riding again. It felt great and I was making good time. Then at 3.5 miles into the ride, I started to feel that funny shimmy and then I could feel every bump again. Seriously? Yes – the tire was flat – AGAIN!!!! This is the third flat in 2 days. WTF????
I texted John and let him know. I was going to replace the tube with my spare and keep going, but something is obviously wrong with the tire for there to be this many issues. Maybe a piece of glass is stuck in the well or something. I was then getting eaten alive my mosquitoes, so I told John just to come get me. I was a little pissed, but I wasn’t going to let that stop me from getting yogurt!
This is oriental ginger flavor. It reminds me of 7-Up a little bit. I kind of like it. I am so not happy about this tire situation. Going to get a new wheel cover tomorrow at the shop and see what happens then. I so need a cupcake ride this weekend – with no flat tires!