It’s Bagel Wednesday! Even though we didn’t bike there, we did still get there on 2 wheels:
I had my usual wheat bagel.
It was over toasted on one side. Must have gotten stuck in the toaster or something.
Another hot day on tap today with storms a brewing.
Pixie says – somebody please turn on the fan!!
So the goals for June. It’s my birthday month, so there has to be lots of fun in there!
1. So that’s the first goal then. Enjoy turning 43! That will happen this weekend.
2. Go no TV for one week. Starting the first full week of June. John wanted to do this, so I am joining him. Who wants to join us for this one? No TV. No netflix movies on the computer either. I can read the news on the internet. Should I made that an official challenge to anyone who wants to join?
3. Operation Sleep. I must work on finding some way to get more sleep. I am going to get a sleep mask to start and see how that works, plus I am getting some supplements like 5HTP and magnesium.
4. I am finally really ready to progress on losing this last bit of weight that I have talked about for the last 2 years. Now I am ready. Of course, it will take longer than a month, but I am going to really keep control of nibbling and eat good nutritious foods (except on long ride days LOL).
5. Sitting less for work. As a transcriptionist, I sit very still during the day. That is a lot of sitting! I am going to experiment this month with my work station to try to do some work standing or sitting on an exercise ball. My goal is to work up to 3 hours of my workday in the new position.
Okay – those sound good to me! So does lunch:
I ate this lunch on the porch today. I got the mail hand delivered to my by the mail carrier as well since I was out there. That is nice service 😀
After lunch, I headed to Inside Edge to see about my bike tire. Back at the end of April, I ran over a beer bottle and got a flat. I pulled out the chunk of glass, but what I didn’t know was that a tiny sliver was left behind. After putting several hundred miles on the bike, that little sliver of glass worked its way through to the inside of the tire. The shop guys turned the tire inside out and felt where the shard was coming through and pulled it out. it was about this size – “O””. Tiny, but razor sharp. That was poking a hole into each tube. Nice to know it wasn’t serious like the rim or needing a whole new tire. I’ll be on the road again soon enough! They didn’t charge me, either, but I did buy another tube.
Nice afternoon latte today:
Made with almond milk today. Actually the unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I like this stuff.
Work still amazingly busy. I will have to work at night a bit because of taking some time to go to the bike shop today. Love that job flexibility!
Dinner time and since it is hot, we wanted something easy. Eggs always fit that bill. I just scrambled them and put a laughing cow on top.
Plus french cut green beans sauteed in coconut oil. How about that for a change up?
I got my new tube in and put the tire on my bike all by myself after dinner. It took me a good half hour to do, too! Good skill to know.
I am going for a short solo ride tonight. Not too far in case I have a problem, but I just want to get in a little trip 😀 Work can wait until I get back.
Question: Do you have any goals/non-goals for June?