Welcome to September! I love September. John and I just said this morning how this time of year is “our time.” We love the cooler weather, the fall leaves, the warm food, football, the approaching holidays. It’s just a great time of year!
I was up and out for day 2 of week 5 for C25K. That was a 5 minute walk, 8 minute run, 5 minute walk, 8 minute run, 5 minute walk. The intervals do make it go by fast, but I hate to say that running is mildly boring for me now. Maybe if I ran a little faster it wouldn’t seem so slow…
I was inspired by fall again for breakfast. I did the banana bread breakfast pudding, but used pumpkin instead with a tablespoon of maple syrup mixed in.
That stuff on top you ask? Well, even if you aren’t asking, this is it:
Maple cream! Squeeeeee! I love this stuff. My mom traded me a jar of maple cream for a jar of my orange marmalade. Yum!
With breakfast in my tummy, I thought about this month coming up. Here are my goals for the month of September.
1. Do 1 new recipe and post it each week. I kind of am in the rut of my typical meals and need to shake things up. A couple slow cooker meals for sure.
2. Keep going with Couch to 5K. I think the next week or two will really tell me whether I can continue or not with my leg. I am not as optimistic as I was in August.
3. Volunteer for something or join a book club/something like that.
4. Celebrate 15 years of marriage on the 28th. We should make it to then unless John really annoys me somehow. LOL.
5. Do Pilates 2 times a week. I need better flexibility and Pilates always does that for me and strengthens my core to boot.
So – goals done. Nothing crazy like in August LOL.
I also decided to celebrate the coming of fall with my lunch bowl – the candy corn dish!
I was sniffing the bags of candy corn at the store to get my high (didn’t purchase yet), so this will have to do for now.
I have not snacked on this granola. I wonder if it will actually go stale.
Work was a slog today. I was really productive, but the one PA that I was working all day is a horrible dictator. Slurred rapid speech, making lots of mistakes. It is hard on the brain to listen to that for very long. My brain is exhausted. It needs it to be Friday.
I was happy to see the latte arrive.
Usually cats love milk. Pixie has absolutely no interest in milk or people food. Which is a good thing. In fact, she does not like a lot of the cat treats either. She just loves the catnip.
Finished out work and went to marinate the boneless pork ribs to grill for dinner. They weren’t thawed yet. 🙄 John was feeling totally wiped from his busy day (as was I), so we decided on cheap date night! We walked half a mile up the street to here:
This was good, although a bit too much pizza for me. I did have tomatoes and broccoli on it, so I got in some veggies at any rate. Funny how after we sat around talking a bit, I wanted ice cream. Guess it is the wheat. I didn’t have any ice cream, but I thought it was interesting. I will have some blueberries later during Project Runway!
Time to chillax…
Question: What is your favorite pizza topping?