The end of 2011 is not far off. Wow. The older I get the faster time goes by. I had a protein drink and headed off to the gym in the frigid weather. Brrr…. I should wear something more than my workout pants on the way there as my calves were cold. Or maybe I could warm up the car more. There’s a thought…
|Wide Grip Lat Pulldown||3 sets of 10 at 60# bar||Back|
|Straight Leg Deadlift||3 sets of 10 with 65# bar||Lower body|
|Decline Sit-up||3 sets of 10||Core|
|Bench Press||3 sets of 10 with 55# bar||Chest|
|Pliet Squat||3 sets of 10 with 40# DB||Lower body|
|Seated Dumbbell Press||3 sets of 10 at with 10# DBs (20# total)||Triceps|
|Incline Reverse Fly (on bench)||3 sets of 8 with 15# DBs (30# total)||Shoulders|
|Lower Back Extension||3 sets of 10 at 70#||Low back|
Note I am doing a grain-free day today. This lasted me to lunch, along with 3 cups of coffee!
Speaking of lunch, this is another of the oopsie rolls. Or really 2 of them as my bun for the turkey burger topped with laughing cow and some caramelized onions (from my freezer stash).
I hope to get the recipe post up for these tomorrow. But first, let’s talk about my November goals.
1. Go grain-free 4 days a week. Since the eating season is now in full swing, this will help keep me in line without over indulging too much. Oddly enough, I am actually looking forward to these days as I like the food choices I make and how I feel. (you would think I would do it more, then, eh?)
2. No eggnog lattes until Thanksgiving Day. Every year I do this because I love the nog so much! The nog lattes are available as of 11/01, but I think it should be reserved for between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I wonder how many people love both egg nog and candy corn?
3. Walk 3 miles a day 5 times a week. Biking season is winding down and this is the start of the walking program to get ready for our trip to Disney in January! I will give a little leeway on this because I will be on the bike instead if the weather is right. (see below)
4. At least 2 different vegetables a day. I was inspired by Marion and her fruit and veggie challenge last month. I will count pumpkin and sweet potatoes as veggies.
5. Spruce up the website. I will organize the recipes a little better and do some updating. Just to keep it fresh. This has been an unwritten goal of mine since early this year, so I figured I have to write it down to get it done!
This should keep me plenty busy this month
So, I walked 1.5 miles on the treadmill and was going to do another 1.5 outside today, but 52 degrees beckoned to take the bike out! I broke a guitar string last night, so John and I decided to bike to the guitar shop in the early afternoon.
I was wearing a technical turtleneck and a fleece jacket, which was almost a bit much, but not until near the end of the ride. We headed a few miles away to the guitar store:
I got my string!
It was just about the perfect day for biking. No wind and sunny. If it was a little warmer, say 65 to 70 instead of 52, it would have been totally perfect! Happy, happy lady on the bike. We did 7 miles in about 32 minutes.
I came back and made up lattes to warm up:
That let me settle back in to work for the day. A very busy day, I might add.
I was really hungry by the time dinner rolled around, so I snacked on some nuts while I cooked up dinner.
I had to banish the cashews for a little while as I was cracking out on them.
Dinner is served! Chicken thighs just pan fried with brussel sprouts and a pear.
I tend to eat rather simply, but it is really tasty to me! I keep wanting to do more involved cooking during the week, but work gets in the way and I am too hungry to wait 😀
Tonight is practicing with my new string – yay! Plus a nosh of cheese and fruit.
Question: Any November goals you want to share – or care to join me in some grain-free living?