Last day of November! Wow. Thanks for all of your comments yesterday on the ‘mirror’ post. I am so much harder on myself than I would ever be on anyone else. It is such a fine line to walk between pushing yourself hard enough to see progress and starting to expect perfection.
We had one of those rare nights in the Adirondacks where the overnight low was not really cold. We checked the Weather Channel and the temp was 48 degrees. You know what that means!! Biking to breakfast! Only it wasn’t really 48 degrees. I thought it was a little colder than that as my eyes were watering a little. The temp when we arrived at breakfast –
Hmmmmm…. not sure what the discrepancy issue is there. I want to work in weather where you can be wrong a lot and still keep your job – and get raises!
North Country Cafe:
My bagel – a little over toasted.
See the bikes in the background. They finally finished the work on the street.
12 miles for the day. Okay, now this was probably the last outdoor ride of the year. I keep saying that and the temps pop up a little. Very rare this time of year and I am glad I haven’t put the bike on the trainer yet.
I was a little cold here. It was a stiff wind on the way home!
So, here were my November goals and the progress I made on them:
1. Go grain-free 4 days a week. I did pretty well with this except for Thanksgiving week where I ate grains on Thursday when that was a day I normally did not. A-
2. No eggnog lattes until Thanksgiving Day. Done! I have only had 1 and it was on Thanksgiving Day. A+
3. Walk 3 miles a day 5 times a week. I did really well with this goal. Other than when I sprained my foot and this weekend with 2 days of biking, I walked a lot. A
4. At least 2 different vegetables a day. I did okay with this. Veggies are still a struggle for me other than broccoli. I would say a B- for this goal.
5. Spruce up the website. This is really hard. I was working on the recipe section, but time really is a problem as I need to spend hours on it. C-
Quite a good month goal wise.
Pixie met all of her goals this month: bird watching, sleeping, rolling in cat nip, and lots of lap time.
I am feeling swamped and busy right now. I feel like my schedule is really out of whack. I hope to have some goals for December lined up for tomorrow.
Have a great night!