Welcome to May! We had a rainy start to the month. Guess April showers will continue as May showers.
I had a funny comment at the gym today. (Those of you on FB probably heard this one already). I was doing my usual routine and was re-racking my 30# DBs. There was a woman there who was working with a personal trainer and I am pretty sure it was her first visit. Anyway, she was standing by the dumbbell rack and when I put them back she says, “Well look at you, Fancy Pants”. I wasn’t quite sure what she meant by that, so I kind of just laughed and went about my business. I heard the trainer say to her, “We’ll get you there”.
I certainly don’t show off at the gym or anything like that. Yeah, I was using 30# DBs. So what? I earned the use of them by consistent training. I just do my thing and leave. I am very focused. John said she was probably trying to be friendly, but it was more awkward than anything else. I swear, I get the oddest remarks at the gym.
I came back and made another breakfast ‘cookie‘. I didn’t grind up the oats in this one and I am trying to decide which texture I like better. Once I get it figured out, I will put up a recipe page for it.
This one is topped with a mashed nana.
It was a busy day today. I ended up picking up my dad at the car shop when he dropped off my mother’s car and then taking him back later to go get it. I am lucky with my job that I can do this for people. I am the ‘go-to chauffeur’ around here. However, that does mess with my work schedule 🙂
The breakfast cookie lasted me to lunch, so yay on that. I definitely will be keeping that one in the rotation. If I can figure out how to make it less dense and chewy.
Egg salad! I remembered to boil up some eggs last night, so lunch was easy.
It’s time = the goals for May!
1. Continue with the Fit Female program. I will be starting the 3rd stage in about 2 weeks. I may have to alter the days with more biking, but we shall see.
2. No scale weighing. Now my scale doesn’t have numbers, but it does tell me if I have lost or gained. It sat still during April, which was a bit discouraging because of how hard I worked. So, I don’t want to hear anything from MaryLou this month.
3. In keeping with the cleaning theme from last month, I am going to cull some books and donate the to the Friends of the Library book sale.
4. Start work on the driveway project with crack patching.
5. I will try at least 2 new veggies this month. This can either be done by cooking at home or having them out at a restaurant. Stepping out of comfort zone!
That should be good for this month. Note I am not putting stretching in there again LOL!
I had just returned from the second trip with my dad and John had a latte waiting for me.
Yet another vote for John for husband of the year. I also added a pineapple slice:
Showing my thighs some blog love today. They worked hard this morning.
I had a simple dinner tonight. Leftover cooked chicken on top of a baked potato with laughing cow.
I put a few shakes of A1 steak sauce on it, which actually was good. This was a satisfying dinner.
I had to work for a while after dinner, then I took a 1 mile walk and John and I are now settled down for coffee:
Starbies and WiFi. Coffee and the internet. It’s kind of my life in a nutshell.