Hello insomnia! I woke up around 1:30 a.m. and could not get back to sleep. After laying in bed for a little over an hour, I just got up and started doing work. May as well be productive if I can’t sleep, right? Ugh!
I think it was because I had buttercream icing last night. Made a cake for my dad and had leftover frosting, which you all know I love the most.
I nibbled on a few things while I worked and then decided to get my butt to the gym at 6:45. I did get a lot of work done prior to that at least.
Lifting was a bit tiring being tired, but I still got in a good workout. I had my post workout drink (aka protein mainline) and headed home.
Breakfast later in the morning – banana oats with PB.
Classic and good. I worked for a while, then took a 1 hour nap before lunch.
Here was my goal assessment for May.
1. Continue with the Fit Female program. Still going strong with the lifting part of this. The eating not so much. I have been about 70/30 compliant with the eating the last couple weeks. Weekends have been my downfall.
2. No scale weighing. Done. I decided that I really need some accountability, no number scale included. Clothing just doesn’t do it for me. I really felt huge all month like I was gaining a pound a day, which isn’t true, but strange. Not that I need to weigh every day, more like once a week, but I guess that is a tool I am more comfortable with.
3. I am going to cull some books and donate the to the Friends of the Library book sale. We donated about 20 books!
4. Start work on the driveway project with crack patching. Making slow progress. Some of that is from weather because you need rain-free days. I have come to the realization that this will be a summer long project and not just a couple weekends.
5. I will try at least 2 new veggies this month. Success! I tried Swiss chard (fairly successful) and celery root (FAIL!!). I will confess to purchasing taro root and when I peeled it, the smell was horrible and I just couldn’t try it. It also felt soft, so maybe it was a bad one.
And the season tally on the bike:
Miles biked in May: 364
Total miles on the year: 682 – Woo Hoo!!
My schedule is totally out of whack today with the no sleep thingie. Excuse my incoherence today.
A little birdie visited today while I was working. She sat right on the window sill and peered around looking in. This cracked me up!
I wonder what she saw?
She sat there for about 5 minutes and then flew away. Good thing Pixie didn’t see it or her liver probably would have exploded.
I could have had 3 of these today:
Do you ever get so tired that you can’t sleep? I hate that. I also got really snacky from being tired, which irritated me.
I had to get on the bike and ride to the bank to clear my head. John said I haven’t been myself today. I guess that is what happens when you can see a 4th dimension.
Dinner was a stir fry of chicken thighs, coleslaw mix (great for stir fries!) teriyaki and white rice.
(plus unpictured potato chips and some peanuts).
Now I have to think about some goals for June, other than getting more sleep!
It will be an early bedtime for me. I for sure am going to let myself sleep in tomorrow.