Made it to Friday! I did get some good sleep last night, thank goodness. I went up to read and next thing I know John was taking the book from me that I dropped and turning off the light. I got almost 8 hours of sleep and felt mucho better today.
My insomnia really has been so much better since I started taking magnesium, so I am not sure where that came from.
Let’s see, goals first or garden first? Guess I will go with goals.
1. Continue the Fit Female program. I will finish up Stage 3 next week and move on to the final stage. I will be dropping down to 2 days a week of lifting because of the increased bike mileage. That means T/Th lifting schedule and lift only on rainy weekends.
2. Make and post another guitar video. Lucky you! To keep myself working on the guitar (which I have been), I will post another song or two for your listening pleasure 😀
3. Enjoy my birthday! It’s next week and I am even taking a day off of work! 44 here I come.
4. Finish paying off credit card debt. I will be credit card debt free by the end of the month. I wish student loans would be gone as well, but you take what you can get, right?
5. Make at least 3 recipes from the bazillion that I have pinned on Pinterest. I am the queen of pinning and not doing.
Now on to the fun stuff! The garden is really starting to pop now.
These are dianthus. I planted these last year as annuals and with the mild winter, they came back! I love having money saved 😀
This is armeria. I grew these from seed last year, and they sent up volunteers this year, which I was surprised to see and just left them in place. They are a bit “weedy” looking for me, but I do like the pink.
This is in the part of the garden that I keep messing with and changing around. It always looks bare and part of that is because it gets late afternoon sun and that’s it.
Hard to find plants that are tall that like that kind of light. (Other than the yellow clematis). I think I am going to do some tippy pots here for height.
The bushes on the side of the house (our neighbor’s bushes, really, but they don’t take care of them) are blooming little tiny white flowers that are very fragrant. Butterflies love them.
Swallowtail – one of my favorites!
Knockout roses. This thing is amazing. No scent, but it blooms like crazy and you can’t kill it.
The scentimental rose bush.
I cannot tell you how much I adore this rose bush. I just love it! It’s beautiful and very fragrant and pretty easy to care for. I don’t spray my roses, so it is nice to have ones that are pretty disease resistant, which this is.
The sunsprite bush is also blooming now.
The galliarda are just starting to open up. These will bloom all summer long into fall.
These are actually in the bare area by the porch, but they aren’t very tall.
It’s the rose time of year – and about time to put down mulch!