Welcome to August! We started off with a bagel, since it is Wednesday after all. I had gotten new shoes for my bike that arrived yesterday, so I put them on last night without too much trouble, although I did ruin a tube.
I got Gatorskins and 28 mm width tires. They definitely felt better to me than the 25 mm tires. I was Speedy Magee to breakfast. Even John noted that. And that was before coffee.
Anyway, I had my bagel and coffee and was quite content.
I like our Wednesday mornings. It’s a nice midweek break. Then it was steady work all day. Busy!
Lunch came pretty fast. I had some plain Greek yogurt with blueberry sauce and some new Kashi cereal called Simply Maize.
It actually reminds me of Sugar Smacks, to tell the truth. Not sure I would get them again.
On to the goals this month!
1. Bike 400 miles this month. I don’t necessarily like to set mileage goals because it can be really weather dependent, but I want to see what I can do here. It shouldn’t be too hard. I got 12 miles in already today, so that’s a start 😀
2. A week with no ‘land meat’. John doesn’t eat a lot of meat, so he is going to do this with me. We will eat seafood and fish, but no beef, pork, turkey or chicken (or pheasant 🙂 ).
3. Paint the front porch floor. This is a project I have been working on since we decided to have the driveway done by others. Hmmm… insert picture of driveway here? Okay, I won’t. Anyway, the previous owners of this house painted over layers and layers of paint, which looks like crap and, of course, is peeling up. So – I have been using a heat gun to scrape those layers away. I have been somewhat lax about doing this and I have to set a time goal to finish. August 31st. So when I am scraping and painting at midnight on August 30th, I can blame the blog!
4. Get fully back to 90/10 eating instead of living in the 10%. ‘Nuff said.
5. Treat my hubby to a great birthday!!
Those should keep me in line this month 😀
I had a nice iced latte for a snack with a piece of dried pineapple. Pixie was just finishing a yawn here, although it looks like she was yelling at the latte.
I guess my lattes bore her.
With work being so busy, the day went fast, but it sure makes my brain tired! Dinner was quick tonight.
Clams strips with broccoli. And because I get this question each time I have these, this is what the package looks like.
They come in preportioned packs in the bag. Each serving has 270 calories, 17 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber! We just bake them in the toaster oven for about 15 minutes.
I also made up a small batch of jam tonight. Strawberry. These are super hot here and a little foamy this time.
The lucky person I am doing the jam exchange with gets a strawberry and an apricot ginger jam!
Storms look like they are on their way in shortly, so better get this posted!
Do you have any goals for the month?