Thanks for the comments on our floors! Now to put home improvement stuff on the back burner for a bit and just enjoy, although I find myself thinking about the next big project already…
Checked the weather when we got up this morning and got the okay to bike to breakfast! Cloudy and cold, but no rain. 44 degrees. I had 3 layers on, plus my gloves under gloves:
Brrr… I was glad to get there and have some hot coffee!
At least it didn’t rain on us this week! I feel like a lot has been going on around here.
– My running has been progressing. Sort of. I have been hanging out at 25 minutes runs for the last week and a half. I am trying to make myself not hurry or try to run fast or do any kind of speed work. Gone are my old running routines. I am going to do that duathlon next spring, darnit.
– I currently have Thursday nights free now. My literacy learner has stopped coming. She had some things going on in her life and kept cancelling and then skipping appointments. I hope she gets things straightened around. I am not sure if I would be working with her again or not if she comes back. I probably will have another learner. This tutoring stuff is hard, I have to say.
– eating too much of this – ‘nuf said:
– Credit card rewards paying off in the form of a new TV for us. The business card gets lots and lots of reward points, so John was able to use them for an Amazon gift certificate and he got something he has been wanting for a while. Gotta love the free!
We hooked it up to see if it worked. This is Pixie’s kitty babysitter DVD that plays birds and fish and gerbils. It’s on her level here, so she was pretty happy. Now I need to get that new TV stand. I have been scouting my thrift shops for the perfect dresser, but no go so far. I didn’t think the TV would come this soon!
– My shoulder is pretty much recovered from its sprain. I still have some pain at the extremes of motion and with throwing motions, but it feels good. Lots of crunching and grinding in my shoulder now – maybe because the joint is still lax? However, my clavicle is still sticking out and looks like that is permanent. Yay…not. Now to get back to lifting again.
Tomorrow I will post the red beans and rice crock pot recipe. It turned out quite good! 2 recipes down, 1 to go.
Pink picture – the Pixter’s nose!