Welcome to a fresh new year 😀
We had a quiet New Year’s Eve. The family had gotten together on Sunday for a games and snacks and a New Year’s toast, so John and I spent a quiet night at home.
I did, however, get a chance to meet up with Dawn earlier in the day! Yay! She was staying not too far from Saratoga this weekend. I had finally met Dawn a couple years ago in person when we were both part the Dr. Oz 100th episode show. My mother and I went down to Saratoga to have coffee (what else?) with Dawn.
It was great seeing her again.
That was catching up with 3 bloggie friends in real life in 2012!
The only yearly goal I had set for myself for 2012 was weight loss and I stayed exactly the same for the year. What are the chances of that?? Apparently not zero Sometimes I eschew the yearly goals, but then I figure I do them monthly for myself anyway, so why not some longer term things to do. So, here are the things I would like to accomplish this year.
2. Bathroom update. I need to really figure out a budget for this project to see how much it will cost to do various things. The only thing we will have done by someone else is the refinishing of the tub and the tile around it (not ripping that out). The cost of that will determine when and what we do to the rest of the room.
3. Yep – lose weight again. Maybe making a goal to lose weight is how I will maintain 😀 I would like to drop a pants size and get back into my old pants again that I haven’t worn in a couple years. No weight goal, just size goal. Back to the grind again.
4. Either do another 100 mile bike ride or some organized bike events. I need something to work towards if I don’t do duathlons.
5. Try to hit 2500 miles on the bike this year. I am not considering this a possible goal until we get an idea of the spring time weather. Last year we were riding in early March and that allowed me to get over 2100 miles, so I won’t know how possible this is until the spring comes.
6. Relax more. I work really hard and forget to take time for me. I don’t need to stress so much about working extra if I have the time. I can take that time to do relaxing things. Like maybe try my hand at drawing?
So that’s the plan!