Brand new first full month of spring and it still feels like winter around here. Strong winds and spitting snow. I thought it was supposed to be April showers?? Hello?
At least a hot breakfast warmed me up. New to me product that I found:
It’s a nice alternative to other hot cereals. It doesn’t have all the protein that is usually in quinoa, so I don’t know what happened when they flaked it.
I did this banana custard style. You could definitely taste that it was quinoa. I liked it, but I don’t think I would buy this very often because the flavor wasn’t worth the price.
So, it’s time! Goals for April:
1. 250 miles on the bike. I almost was going to go for 400, but then I realized that it is April and the supposed showers, plus that is a big ramp up of miles in 1 month seeing as I did 60 in March 😀 I won’t be too upset if weather causes me to miss this goal (remind of this, please, when I am whining).
2. Do a month of body weight only exercises. This is something fun to try to not do weights, but just work with body weight exercises working all muscle groups. I’ll be listing what I do for these.
3. Guitar video. I haven’t made you listen to a guitar piece in a while, so it is time to do that again!
4. Clean out the pantry. Okay, since I have utterly failed at cleaning out my bedroom closet the last 2 months, let’s try the pantry. We have some spices and stuff back in there from the stone age that need to go. We need to get new spices, too. Good thing is that all those old spices can go in my garden for compost. Instant herb garden!
5. Try 2 new veggies. I actually had one today, but I need to find another. Been slacking in the Great Veggie Experiment category.
That ought to keep me in line this month 😀
I got this shot of Pixie being all annoyed at her tail again.
Her face cracks me up. She was hating on that tail for a good 10 minutes LOL!