Welcome to August!! It feels more like fall around here. Rainy and in the upper 60s. Pixie is back into lap mode again. This is from a few days ago, but it’s pretty much the same around here 😀
Now on to goals for August!
1. Cook some new Indian dishes. I am going to go for at least 3 and post them on the blog. Things that are relatively easy. I love Indian food and I should cook more of that at home.
2. Lose 4 pounds – We are going to Vegas at the end of the month. This was a bit of a surprise trip. John’s friend offered to fly us out there, so we are going! Anyway, I thought it might be nice to challenge myself to lose 4 pounds before Vegas. This will be accomplished by doing 4 days a week of lower carb/grain free and the other 3 days as I normally eat. I find this system actually works pretty well for that purpose.
Grain free breakfast today? Ricotta puffs with blueberries!
3. More strength training. I have the program and I am going to stick with the level 1 for a while longer before moving up. Being strong really helps my biking, so I can’t slack too much on that.
4. Less complaining. I feel like I have been complaining too much about stuff lately. Work, in particular, but that accentuates the other complaints that I normally do. I need to focus on the positive things about my job and learn to deal better with the negative.
5. Finishing up some projects. I have a fair number of half-finished projects around the house (not sure how that happened) and I would like to try to finish some of those up before starting new ones!
Okay, that sounds good!