Down to the last part of the year already! I had my monthly garden club meeting today and we made bookmarks and cards from pressed flowers from everyone’s gardens this year. I missed the meeting where it was decided to press flowers, so I hadn’t done that, but there were plenty of flowers to share.
I made 2 bookmarks. We just used card stock, the dried plants and then covered with clear contact paper. Very easy!
My 2 bookmarks:
Time for some November goals!
- A stretching and foam rolling program. This one involves John! I have noticed in the last month that my sciatica is bothering me and my leg has been hurting more. I don’t know if it is coincidental with less biking and more other things or caused by that. Regardless, that means time for more of the PT exercises for it. Now John has been feeling some IT band stuff in his leg, so he will be joining me (reluctantly) with this so that he feels better.
- No nog until Thanksgiving! This I do every year because I could drink eggnog by the gallon. I know it is a love hate thing for people and I am firmly in the love category. It’s also one of those things that I can drink a lot of. For whatever reason, eggnog is not too rich for me like it is for pretty much everyone else LOL. So, I have to limit it during the season.
- Two different vegetables a day. I need to make sure my nutrition is better as we get into the season of holiday goodness. I have no problem with the broccoli, but I want to do better with other veggies. This does include pumpkin, but not white potatoes. I might include sweet potatoes because I rarely eat those.
- Less snacking. Shall I add keeping the snacking under control again? I think I should. It was not a success in October and really important at this time of year. Thanksgiving is only 1 day out of the month – not 30!
- Tackle a big project. This is either going to be making a table or painting one of the bedrooms. I am leaning towards a dining room table, but I need to price out the wood and see if it is really cost effective enough to do it.
That sounds good enough for the month, I think.
Weather looks good for a bike ride on Saturday, so I will be getting closer and closer to my goal!