Healthy Heart Weekend February 21st – 23rd

Can you believe this is the 4th annual Healthy Heart Weekend?

hhweek

If you want to see some of the previous years’ results click hereclick here or click here

Here’s how it works. During  this weekend, do some kind of activity on 1 of the 3 days of Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.  You don’t have to have a blog in order to join, either.

This weekend is all just about getting moving. If you want to walk, that’s fine. Elliptical bunny? Knock yourself out! Take a long bike ride? Go for it! Play date with the family? Have a blast!  Slinging the barbell around counts, too :D   The only stipulation is that you need to take a picture of yourself before, during or after your event and send it to me. I will post the pictures in a wrap up post. Get creative, too! You don’t have to have your face in the photo if you don’t want to, so have fun with it!

Date:  February 21st, 22nd and 23rd! Feel free to chose Friday, Saturday, or Sunday to complete your event.

Activity: Your choice!

Distance: Your choice. I know many of you are training for an event, so you can use whatever distance fits in with your training plan. It’s all about a healthy heart, not a specific distance or time.

After you complete your event, please email me the photo and what you did at javaqueen01 (at) yahoo.com .

Please post below if you would like to participate and what you plan to do! Feel free to post about it on your blog if you have one and see how many people we can get to participate! You may grab the logo above and link as well.

I will be giving away some prizes, too.   I will update this post as we go along with the prizes. And since I am hosting – anyone in the world is eligible for the prize drawings!

It’s actually really fun doing a virtual event.  I loved getting in the emails all weekend with photos and what people did. Let’s get a lot of people involved this year!

Be Sociable, Share!

21 thoughts on “Healthy Heart Weekend February 21st – 23rd

1. Kim

I’m still trying to decide if I’m going to TX that weekend to run a 50K while my sis-in-law does her first marathon. But, even if I don’t do that I will still do something – what a fun idea!!
    Kim´s last blog post ..The Gift of a New Day

2. Cathy O

I have my longest ever training run that weekend – 8 miles. I hope it finally warms up enough to be outside, but otherwise I will be on the treadmill for 2 hours!

3. Rachel Weber

I’m going to move on all 3 days! I’ve got a T25 workout Friday morning, plus walking/running on the treadmill in preparation for a 5K that’s in less than a month. I’ll do another T25 workout on Saturday morning and on Sunday, my husband and I do a 2 mile fast walk around a local lake with the dogs.

4. Rachel Weber

I just realized this is in 2 weekends so my exercise plan may change a little bit, but more than likely, I’ll be moving each day 🙂

5. emmaclaire

I’m in, too! Will swim on Friday and run on Sunday. Now all I need to do is remember to take photos! Thanks for hosting, Lori 🙂

6. Cammy@TippyToeDiet

I’m in, but I have no idea yet what I’ll be doing that weekend. Since it covers three days, I know at least one of those days will probably involve lifting weights. If I’m really, really lucky, the other day will involve a long walk outside! 🙂
    Cammy@TippyToeDiet´s last blog post ..Happy Tunes

7. Kimberley

I loved seeing myself in the first three Healthy Heart Weekend updates! I will have to be in the fourth annual HHW too!

I will definitely be doing yoga and maybe I will throw something else in there.

Thanks for doing this again! Wheeee!
    Kimberley´s last blog post ..Goodbye to January!

8. Rachel Weber

Ok, yet another update from me since I know my plan. On Friday, I’ll be doing a T25 workout and then hitting the gym for some treadmill time and maybe some pool time. On Saturday, I’ll do T25 in the morning. On Sunday, we’ll be doing our 2 mile walk at the lake in the morning and in the afternoon, I’m going to take a group core class following by R30, a 30-minute spin class. I just did it for the first time yesterday and while certain parts of me hurt because I’m not used to those seats, it was awesome 🙂