Happy Wednesday (or Thursday if that is when you read this). Bagel day!
For those of you wondering, that is a red velvet muffin that John is eating for breakfast. One of his favorites.
So, regarding the post title – On my goal of not stressing on the house front and getting a new attitude as part of my May goals, I need to do this with work as well. 75% of the time my job is just fine. I do my work, I get paid, I don’t hear too much from the company and all is well. The other 25% of the time (which currently we are in the midst of), it is very stressful. There is too much work. The clients are complaining and threatening to leave, which leads to my company sending out threatening emails or just yelling at us. General group emails because they don’t check to see who is doing the work. These emails sometimes include a statement that says “Thank you to those who do the work. You know who you are” – like it makes it any better to read that. 🙄 My life feels slightly upside down right now since there is a lot of uncertainty. We don’t know when we will be moving. I don’t know how secure my job is. We have other life plans that are basically on hold until the move happens. It’s just stressful. But, it will get better. I know that. It’s just dealing with it currently. I have been fatigued and exhausted because I have been working extra (no over time pay, you just make your regular line rate) and the stress makes you tired. One of the pitfalls of working at home is that you can’t leave your work behind LOL! Oh well. I am thinking a weekend getaway for my birthday weekend next month will be on the agenda.
Moving on from that stress stuff – I have a new foundling item. You all know I love a good bargain. I was out walking the other day and came upon a pile of stuff with a ‘free’ sign on it. Most of it was plumbing stuff, but there was also a metal bucket, which is perfect for a planter! I think it must have been used for that as is has a hole in the bottom already. It’s very heavy and probably very old.
It has little tiny peg feet on it, so maybe was used as a cooking pot at some point. Anyway, I scooped that little treasure up and now need to buy some plants to put in there.
The garden is really perking up now. The early tulips are now blooming, so Friday will be an actual What’s Blooming post with real blooms!
This is the Monte Carlo double tulip. It doesn’t even look like a tulip, does it? I’ll save the rest for Friday!
Pixie always helps me destress, when she isn’t running around all freaked out.
She was vulturing for my lap. I have been keeping her off of it when I am working more right now because I just want to plow through work and she isn’t happy about that LOL!
I am working on some new creative projects around the house to relax and enjoy. May as well not hold off on those. I’ll be painting furniture, doing more Mercury glass stuff like this:
Like I really need another hobby 😀