It’s always interesting to me to look at what I had in mind for the next year and how close I actually came to doing those things. You just never know what life has in store to change those plans or how maybe *you* change and those goals are not right any more for what you want to achieve.
Anyway, back at the beginning of January, back when we had the house closing scheduled for the 24th…. I wrote these goals:
1. Build something. I had plans to build a piece of furniture from scratch, but didn’t quite get to that. I did reupholster a piece and basically built a kitchen from the walls out, so I think this was accomplished LOL!
2. Hiking. Fail. We love biking so much that we just never got around to this, which is a shame because there are so many trails in the Adirondacks. This item will be moved to the next list 😀
3. Focus on healthy eating. Hmmmm… I did a lot of stress eating between the job and house closing stress. I turned to my comfort, which is food.
4. Heavy lifting. Yep – I got back to the gym in February and back to lifting. A little sparse the last week with shorter gym hours and busy me, but good to be back. I have to reevaluate the budget for 2015 and the gym.
5. Be a better person. I don’t really know how I would judge this. It’s not really a goal per se, but just an idea to be more thoughtful or think in advance before doing/saying something and make sure I understand the implications. Of course, this would be a lifelong goal and not just for 1 year.
6. A possible house flip. Well, with that whole delay in closing fiasco, this was not even on the table. It’s not even on the table now since we still have our old house and won’t be on the table until we get that sold. There was no control over that situation.
Definitely a very memorable year, that is for sure. I hope all of you have a very happy and safe New Year and I will see you on the flip side with my ideas for 2015!