Just some random thoughts for a Tuesday.
1. We were thinking about it being a little over a year since we closed on Radiance Manor. I looked back and saw our kitchen pics from 1 year ago:
That period of time is such a blur now. It kind of amazes me how much work we have done on the house. At least now it is more mundane stuff – like trim painting:
2. We do have one last big project that will be done this week. The driveway. We are going to have it extended to the left side. There used to be overgrown shrubs here, which we cut down and dug the stumps. Now this will all get paved to our retaining wall (and the rest will be redone as well).
You know I like to do a lot of things myself, but repaving a driveway is not one of them. 😀 We actually are using the same company that did our driveway 3 years ago at the old house. It will be nice to have a bit more room for parking and shoveling snow will be way easier this year. It can go right over the edge of the wall instead of building up into the bushes.
3. I am so ready for football! I got a new bracelet that was being offered to female football fans and you just paid the shipping. I had forgotten about it, actually, because it was a while ago. It just arrived:
I love fall, but not ready to give up summer yet.
4. We just about got that account caught up for work – that one that was a month behind. We busted our butts and they are now current. I don’t know what will happen now. They may keep some of us on there or just be done with it. Of course, no one knows what is going on, but that is par for the course. 😉 I listened to the same woman talk for 8 hours a day for the last few weeks. I wouldn’t mind staying on the account if I could do other people LOL!
5. We went to an interesting talk tonight about birds along the feeder canal, which we ride on – although not as much now that we moved. The talk was put on by Pixie’s former veterinarian.
It’s amazing how many birds are right here in our area. You know they are there because you can see and here them, but until you really look, you just don’t know. I so want a serious camera with a zoom so I can take some pictures.
6. Speaking of pictures, I submitted a photo to Instagram for A Cause and Thursday I will get to see if it gets put on display hanging at Mean Max, which is the new brewery down town that we go to most Friday nights. They will be selling prints of photos for the next month to raise money for the Family Service Association of Glens Falls. This is the photo I submitted from my garden.
That will be fun to see. I might even order a print of it myself! 😀