Wow. Waaaay back in January I set some goals for 2015. It’s always fun to see how far off you get from those after a longer period of time 😀 Sometimes it feels like nothing happened this year and then it seems like it was non-stop with stuff.
1. Create. I think I did this one to the max. Between creating new garden beds, restoring the trunks, doing a new bathroom, the headboard project and starting a soap business. Yes. I think that one is checked off.
2. Eat a lot more vegetables. I don’t know about this. I think I ate more, but I can’t quantify it as being a lot more LOL! The spiralizer helped with that – at least with getting me to try different ones. I know I ate more zuchinni and summer squash because of this.
3. New volunteering. Did not do this. I could not find something that really called to me. Not to mention the time commitment was tough. We have been so busy with working on this house and my jobs that trying to squeeze in another time committment just didn’t happen.
4. Hiking. Finally! We did it! We went on several hikes like the Sleeping Beauty Hike, Pilot’s Knob and the Firetower hike. Interestingly enough, John and I never really hiked by ourselves. We always went with others. The great part about the hiking is that we got to see views that are not accessible on the bike. We will be doing more.
5. 2000 miles on the bike. Done and done. I hit this before what would be considered the end of the season and then managed to get in a couple hundred more miles with this crazy warm weather! I ended up a shade over 2400 miles. The bike is officially retired inside as of yesterday, though. Boo.
6. Sell the old house. YES!!! Okay, I didn’t make that happen, but it did. Finally the closing was done in June and we are now like normal people – kind of – with only one house and one mortgage 😀 That whole buying and selling was almost a 2-year process, although it felt like forever.
Never leaving this house. Never ever never.
7. Change up my wardrobe. Hmmm… I’m still no fashion plate. I bought some new clothes this year – and not all of them thrift, either. With my job working at home and doing so much work inside and outside – seems like I changed my clothes a lot to get into grubbies. Or I just wore them to begin with.
So yeah, and interesting year. How about you?