Civic duty

It’s primary day here in NY.  Is it me or has this political season felt like it has been going on for years now?  I hate it. I really do. Nothing is as divisive as politics and it’s bad when you can’t even talk about it amongst families.

poli

Everybody needs a nap!

Anyway, that being said, I did my duty at the primary today.

WP_20160419_001

I’ll just be glad when November gets here.

On a good note, the birds have been going crazy at the feeders lately. I think they are gearing up for making baby birds. Especially the goldfinches. There are usually 8-10 of them at a time at the feeders.

goldfinch

The males are just about all turned yellow again. They are so cheerful to have in the yard, but dang they eat a lot!

There have been a lot more juncos as well. Not sure why.

junco

They don’t hang around as much in the summer, I’m assuming because they eat more bugs and less seed, but I don’t know.

This was taken maybe 10 feet away? I was using my 75-300 zoom lens. It takes some nice shots.

You know how I thought I had fixed the issues with my blog? Well, it turns out my photos don’t show up in readers like feedly, so I guess I have to keep trying. Maybe it’s the theme because I know my garden blog doesn’t have that issue. Sigh. I guess I could switch to that theme, but it’s not set up the way I like for FR. Technology – supposed to make life easier!

Be Sociable, Share!

13 thoughts on “Civic duty

1. Kim

Wow, it’s interesting to see the ballot from another state. Yep, we have this same choices, but ballot looks totally different. Wish we could all come together. In daily life Dems and Reps work together, play together, coexist together. Why can’t our Congress?

2. Carol

I’m on Inoreader and no longer get photos either unless I go directly to the blog. Which I do because I don’t want to miss the lovely flowers and your garden progress!

3. debby

Ditto on the political scene. I love the goldfinches, but have never had much luck attracting them. I thought it was because it was too cold up here, but I guess that’s not the case! Maybe its the elevation. Because there are plenty of them at the 500 foot level
    debby´s last blog post ..Garden Doings

1. Lori Post author

I used to think the goldfinches really only ate thistle, but I have shelled sunflower seeds in one feeder that they go nuts for. They left the thistle alone. Go figure.

4. Fran

I don’t really mind that the photos don’t show up in Feedly. I always click to get to your blog.

The elections are also almost every day on the news here. It’s really long before the actual elections starts. We have elections next Spring but that doesn’t take a year. We also don’t have to choose between 2 parties. We have lots of parties here, you can even start a political partie on your own if you want too. Makes it hard to choose though because I never vote the same.
    Fran´s last blog post ..Wednesday, April 20, 2016: Mishmash

5. Helen

I was just having that same thought about the never-ending political season this morning. And November is still far away. Blah.

You fixed something with the blog because when you first fixed it, I wasn’t seeing your posts in my reader until about 36 hours after you posted. Now it seems to be back to how I used to see them.

Great shots with your lens!
    Helen´s last blog post ..I Feel Bad About My Waist

6. Shelley B

Paper ballot – I haven’t seen one of those in years! We have a fun electronic ballot that STILL confuses people, and I swear, we’ve had them for close to 10 years now. I, too, will be SO GLAD when this election is over. I only get my news online, and even with that, I scroll really fast by the election stories. Can’t even stand to see the pictures/headlines anymore.
    Shelley B´s last blog post ..Wednesday Workout Update

7. Sandy

Wow you have such a long pre-election period. Our government just announce that we would be going to the polls in June (I think), so we only have about 8 weeks from announcement to voting day. Thank goodness. I agree with you about the behaviour of governement representatives yours and ours. Not the fineset example of mature, respectful and confidence inspiring behaviour from our leaders. It’s a shame. Good, positive, respectful and competent leadership is so important. Your birds are so cute. My feeders are away from the house as they bring in the snakes. We have quite a shy, rare bird called a whip bird that flits around our garden. It’s quite elusive but I’ll try to get a photo for you. They are quite sweet and I’m so happy to see them flitting around.