It feels so weird not to be at my job anymore. I keep thinking I have to log in and start typing, but I don’t. I have plenty to do with the business and the nice thing is that it keeps me moving around instead of sitting at my computer for hours on end.
After all was said and done with the holidays, I ended up 1 pound over the weight that I went to Ireland at in September. I looked at a graph of the last 3 months and my weight pretty much fluctuated a pound above or below that weight for that time period. I’m pretty happy about that! I ate quite a bit of food, particularly the last couple weeks (like everyone else), but I also got in a ton of exercise. I think that offset a lot of it.
Now no more egg nog and the cookies are in the freezer. Back to the routine again, which does mean bagel Wednesday 😀
Anyway, time for those things I want to accomplish in 2017.
- Read 25 books. I read that many last year and hope to be able to do that again. It would be nice to read more, but I have a lot on my plate for the year coming up.
- Be more of an activist for the environment. I have some serious concerns about the environment and am going to take an active part in making sure that no legislation gets passed that is going to take us backwards. This also means being a good steward in my own corner of the planet and I will continue to grow my pollinator garden.
- Build something. I did this goal last year. This time it will be a piece of furniture of some type.
- Get back to a structured lifting program. I have been all over the place with consistency in lifting and I need to get back to a rhythm.
- Grow the businesses. I have specific plans to implement to make growth happen. Hopefully that will work LOL!
- Do more meal planning. John and I tend to fall into the same meals just out of convenience — and we like them. I want to do more planning so that we can do new recipes and change things up.
I think that sounds pretty good. I should get back to my mini monthly goals as well. I haven’t done those for a while.
Now January is here and it’s time to hunker down to get through the winter. It seems a long way until spring, but all these arrived for me in the mail today!
I know there are more coming, too, as I have a gift certificate to Bluestone Perennials. Browsing flower catalogs while bundling up in fleece and being in front of the fireplace sounds pretty appealing for this winter!
Anyone else with goals?