Today is finally the last of the deep chill. We might actually be in the 30s by mid week. Yay! This was the temp this morning:
We went out for our usual breakfast on Sunday. Normally we walk downtown, but -20 is ****ing cold, even without any windchill factor. Your eyelashes and nose hairs freeze and it hurts to breathe deep. How I look forward to 30 degrees coming up. Perspective 😀
I chose a word that I want to represent 2018 for me and I decided on Titan. Not Saturn’s moon or mythology, but the definition of a person of great strength. That’s my mantra for 2018. I will be a titan.
As far as goals go, these are some things I want to work towards this year:
- Eat more vegetables. I seem to do this goal every couple of years. I just need to remind myself to eat them and make sure I have frozen veggies in the freezer at all times so no excuses. Hello broccoli!
- Read 15 books. I was not able to complete my challenge last year. I just found myself too tired at night to do the amount of reading that I like to do and then extra time was spent working on the businesses. Reading is a good way to make myself take a break. Not only reading 15 books, but I’d like half of them to be classics. First up is Sense and Sensibility.
- Work on an organizational system. I am really not the most organized person. I tend to have too many things going on all at once and in various stages of completion. This is going to take a lot of work LOL.
- Continue being an advocate for the environment. I started the year off with purchasing wool dryer balls to reduce fabric softener use: Supporting a small maker on Etsy with this purchase, too.
- Spend time with body weight exercises and stretching on a regular basis. Pretty self explanatory.
That’s pretty good for the year, I think. I also will get back to reading blogs more regularly. That took such a back seat and I’m sorry I haven’t been reading your blogs!
Do you have a word for 2018?