So, sneaking this post in on a Friday when very few people read LOL. I don’t mind setting goals for a year. It’s no secret that I like to set monthly goals or other types of goals just go give me some kind of focus, otherwise I am like a bee flying around everywhere landing on every different flower.
This is just a list of ideas of things I would like to happen this year or to do. Some things I can’t make happen, but I would like them to happen. Other things I can help along or just plain old do.
1. Create. This is a big one for me this year. I am a creative person. I spend most of my day being noncreative with my job and I don’t like that. Not that my job isn’t important, but it doesn’t do much for the soul. This year is going to be about creating things, whether that is the garden, furniture, new friendships, or hobbies. Whatever. I guess this would be my word for the year if I were to choose one.
2. Eat a lot more vegetables. I get so stuck on the same veggie all the time, which would be the broccoli, and after making a vegetable tian for Christmas, it made me want to get more veggies in forms I like. I am not the biggest fan of veggies in general, which is why I made the Great Veggie Experiment. I need to get back to that. I am thinking about getting a spiralizer with a gift certificate I got.
3. New volunteering. For the last 2 plus years I did literacy tutoring. Now that I am not doing that anymore, I want to find some other volunteer opportunity. I think I need one with less time committment. The tutoring was 2 hours a week every week! That’s a lot of time. Anyway, I will be researching the opportunities and try a couple before settling in.
4. Hiking. It’s back! The goal I never did last year. No excuses. There are some really great trails around here and we are going (Linda – I will take you up on your hiking offer 😀 )
5. 2000 miles on the bike. This actually shouldn’t be too hard since it is a pretty normal biking season, but last year with the house remodel in the fall we ended up losing some bike time. What was that I just said about hiking???
6. Sell the old house. Okay, I can’t make that happen, per se, but we really need that to happen. I know it will, but please let it be sooner rather than later.
7. Change up my wardrobe. I am a thrift shopper, but that doesn’t mean I can’t be stylish. With so much rehab, I pretty much wear jeans and t-shirt or thermal shirt with a fleece jacket all the time. I am not a fashion plate, but I have been feeling downright frumpy lately. So, I will be thrift/sale shopping to be a little more stylish. The key is to actually *wear* that stuff on a day to day basis. Since I work from home, there is no reason even for me to change out of jammies – although I do 😀 – but I could stand to look a little more put together.
I think is a good place to start 2015 from.
Note: I am not even putting wallpaper removal on this list, even though there are still 3 rooms, a foyer, stairwell and hallway all to be depapered this year. 😀 That’s just going to happen.