Almost the end of 2014 and what a crazy year it turned out to be! One year ago at this time, we were thinking the house closing was going to be in less than a month and we would be rolling along. However, life had other plans for us.
– News came that the house closing was delayed for an unspecified amount of time. We were told 6 months to a year or possibly longer. Nothing like narrowing that down… I have to admit that this waiting period was really hard for me because of the unknown. It really set the year up to feel very unsettled.
– My Broncos made the Super Bowl and then proceeded to lay the biggest egg on the field.
We took our trip to New Orleans with my mom, which was fabulous!
Then it was on to Colorado to visit John’s family! I wish they weren’t so far away.
The annual Healthy Heart Weekend was had!
– Since we were delayed on closing on the Manor, I decided to do a few ‘small’ projects around the old house and redid the countertops.
I really don’t know why we didn’t tackle that before. It didn’t take that long and wasn’t that hard, although I did slice my hand pretty good.
– More waiting on the house closing… and finally getting the bikes out for the year. It was a slow start to biking season!
– This month started major work stress for me. 2014 was a rough year with the job, although it is much better now.
– More busy projects to keep my mind off the house, including redoing a table and my dresser:
– With all the work stress, John asked if I wanted to get away for a weekend and we headed to Portsmouth, NH and it was so great to get away!
– I had a new iris bloom this year, the Honey Tiger:
– A good month of biking!
– I finished my very first upholstery project:
– After 2 years of literacy tutoring, it all came to an abrupt end with my learner and I decided that was it for me.
– I also started a second job, which I only did for a few weeks into August.
– My sweet hubby’s birthday!
– and FINALLY!!! after almost 9 months of waiting, we got the clear to close:
I have to say that seemed kinda like forever with no updates during that time.
Then reno began:
That seems like eons ago…
– It seems like from here on out for the year it has been project after project on the house! Oh right, that’s because it was…
We had hoped to move into the Manor by the end of the month, but didn’t quite make it finishing up the kitchen until that last weekend:
– The dining room was finished this month:
Just in time for the annual pumpkin carving party!
– Finished the living room this month!
– Finished the downstairs powder room.
One room per month is about the pace around here 😀
Then of course was the first Christmas party at Radiance Manor!
What a crazy, crazy year. At least we know one thing for 2015. No moving!! 😀